Monday, April 06, 2009

What a gorgeous weekend!

We had a gorgeous weekend!

Saturday we all went to Rooster Rock park which is on the way to Multnomah Falls. The Columbia River Gorge (pictured here) boasts winds of 25-40 mph which makes this place a haven for windsurfers. In this picture, Kylie is watching some nearby windsurfers bouncing on the waves.





Kylie walked along the ridge above the water patting all the trees. She particularly liked this group. She took a stick and banged on the tree like a xylophone. She found a tiny plastic heart and a seashell here too.

After the park, we drove to Multnomah Falls. This was Kylie's first trip to the Falls.



I remember the first time I went to the Falls. I was amazed at all the people speaking all these fantastic languages watching the Falls just like me. It was quite a shock because I grew up in East TN where the only language I ever heard was English. That's one of the things I love about Portland. It's a wonderful melting pot. The parents and kids I see on our neighborhood playgrounds speak all kinds of languages. I love that Kylie is growing up exposed to that. Anyway, Saturday was no exception. Lots of languages all around me.


Sunday was for running errands. But we went to our library park in the afternoon. We all sat on a bench and ate ice cream together. Heavenly!

I hope you are having a great Monday!

4 comments:

... Ally and Sarah... said...

sounds like you had a great time. your daughter is beautiful.

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

Gorgeous pictures...I especially like the third one, in the grove of trees. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Lynanne said...

Breathtaking photos! I love kylie with the blue background.

I had to show my dh the photo of the falls to rub it in a little that we completely missed this last time we were in Portland. We drove down from Seattle and my dh's chosen route was along "the ocean." (go ahead and laugh) We might have caught a glimpse of water at some point but it took us a zillion times longer than the direct route, winding back and forth through the forest and ending with my oldest son throwing up at the entrance of the Portland zoo from car sickness. (an hour before they closed, I might add). We quickly saw the zoo, jumped in the car and drove back to Seattle.
I was annoyed, but if I would have known that I missed this....ooooo :)

Kerry Lynn said...

Those photos are so pretty!!
How did you get a stranger to take such a great photo? Anytime I do that it's never framed correctly or the focus is off.