Monday, August 29, 2011

Water Slide

We've been going to Adventure Landing Water Park off intermittently all Spring and Summer. Kylie mostly likes to play in the wave pool. She would walk through the Pirate Ship (pictured below) with its jetting water everywhere just enough to get my head soaked and wash away any sunscreen. Then she would be done and move on. I could not entice her to try any of the water slides.

But today the wave pool was closed. She hemmed and hawed about trying a water slide. So I simply swept her up, plopped her on one of the yellow-green slides and pushed her.

Luckily for me, she loved it.

I was able to sit on a pool chair with my feet dangling in the cold water while little bit climbed these 6 stairs and went down these slides for about two hours.
082911_005.jpg

Going down the slides was easy. Getting past this torrential waterfall was trickier.
082911_006.jpg

She did belly slides at the slide at the base of the ship.
082911_007.jpg

She loved the red slide
082911_001.jpg

and even tried the bigger yellow slide twice. She bonked her head on the side of the slide the second time and didn't want to try it again.
082911_002.jpg

The only downside to the afternoon was that Kylie decided to check out the opposite side of the Pirate Ship without me. I saw her make a dash for it and went tearing after her but quickly lost her. This is the part of the pirate ship that I don't like. There are lots of interesting alcoves to explore and you can "exit" the ship in all four directions. And two different directions can lead you out of the park. I ran up to the very top of the thing and looked down for five breathless minutes until I spotted her. I told her to "Stop there wait for me!" (which luckily she did). We sat and had a chat about how Mommy gets scared when I can't see her and about stranger danger. Then we went on to playing.

All in all, it was a great afternoon and I was tickled to see the munchkin finally have fun on those slides!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your posts (and blog in general) are so beautiful, so inspirational to me. Thank you for sharing your lives!