Monday, March 12, 2012

Project Life Week 10

Another week of Project Life. I completed four pages for this week. As usual, you can click on the photo to view the credits.
031212_002.jpg
Karen was in Texas this past week speaking at a conference. I was lucky enough to get a photo of her speaking and some photos of her at conference's Steampunk party. Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history with the romantic elegance of the Victorian era that includes social or technological aspects of the 19th century. The theme made for some great pictures of other well-known speakers. I was just tickled to get a picture of Karen in a red cape!

This page has the picture and write-up of Kylie and her robots as well as the write-up of my new Kindle (both shared here on the blog) along with some butterflies punched out of the Kindle packaging material.

031212_003.jpg
Page Two was pictures and journaling for Kylie's school showcase held on Wednesday night. Kylie presented three lessons to me. The 100 board, word building pink “o” box, and the metal insets. We only had 45 minutes so Kylie had to start, but not finish, each work in order to show me all three. I was particularly impressed with her ability to make each transition because leaving work unfinished has been a source of great angst to her in the past. She was excited to show me all her skills and I am so proud of her.

Those two pages had the bulk of our week but I had lots of little snipets recorded on post-its throughout the house along with a few more cute pictures, so I decided to make two more pages.
031212_004.jpg
  • Kite card journaling: You thought you wanted to fly a kite in our backyard on a particularly windy day. But instead you wanted Momma and I to fly it for you so you could watch.
  • News for this awesome week: Kylie was "Teacher Helper" in aftercare. Big honor!
  • Owl card: Kylie loves to play "eye spy" in the car on the way to school.
  • Galoshes card: One night, Kylie took a few leftover green beans and planted them in the backyard. The next night, some snow peas.
  • The firefly moon picture was part of a card that Karen sent to Kylie this week.
  • Chutes and ladders: Bought this childhood favorite this week. Kylie wanted to play it several days...even at 7am.

    031212_005.jpg
  • It's hard to see in this photo but on the top row Karen and Kylie are standing in front of some chalk pictures Kylie made in our driveway.
  • The Memorable card states that Kylie calls question marks "mystery tools".
  • Gray heart card journaling: Love to hear Kylie sing "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" with her sweet Southern accent.
  • Picture of Kylie on a tire swing and another of her playing on a zip line at My Gym.
  • Bottom picture shows Kylie at a birthday party at Big Air.
  • Last journaling card reads: You've started washing your own hair. You still need some help rinsing it clean. You like to look at your riddle books and "read" me a riddle by looking ath the pictures as I dry your hair. These green riddle books are the best. You and I are both tired at night but your bath can be the sweetest part of our day.

    I still have a huge pile of Kylie's artwork to go through and select 2-4 pieces to include in this week's pages the way I have for the previous weeks.

    So that's it for another week!
    If you want to see other Project Life Projects, see
    Ali Edwards blog
    Big Picture Classes Gallery
    The Mom Creative
  • 9 comments:

    Cami said...

    Just love your "Happy" card. So lovely. Your pages are beautiful with precious attention to detail. Love your style.

    sharon71 said...

    Great week! You've really captured a lot of memories there.

    Love the overall look - very bright.


    projectsofmylife.wordpress.com

    Chris Coryell said...

    So lovely! Love all the colors & the details you added. Chutes & Ladders was a favorite for both me & my girls growing up.

    Julie
    http://iamjuju.com

    Jules said...

    Gorgeous pages - love that little journal card with wellington boots and pea story. That's the kind of thing I wish I could remember from when my daughter was little!

    packmom said...

    Looks like you guys know how to have lots of fun! Great pages and cute little, happy girl.

    April said...

    love the butterfly's punched from your kindle packaging...I LOVE my kindle lots and lots...your pages look great!

    I really love the page where your little one is playing chutes and ladders...the whole look of the page and the colors is fun

    have a great week

    http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/2012/03/plweeks-8-9-and-10.html

    Kelli said...

    oh my goodness, I have a daughter that can never leave work unfinished...somehow I don't have the same motivation...wish I did. love the kite card :) so sweet.

    Claire said...

    Oh how lovely! The Kindle butterflies are a stroke of genius!

    Unknown said...

    Most adorable pictures ever!