Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend News

Karen and I saw a movie at a theater this weekend. I involuntarily snorted with laughter several times. Not a pretty sound! Of course, snorting made me laugh even more, and then I would have a little coughing fit, and then I would have to go to the bathroom. Ah... the joys!

I'm still having a bit of pain from my thumb to my wrist. It's worse while I sleep and first thing in the morning. I believe it's caused by some light tendonitis. Karen's sister, Amy, taught me some PT exercises which are really helping. It's not really slowing me down. And I think I've finally got over my cold! I'm just really greatful I didn't get the nasty flu bug that's been going around.

My sweet Dad sent me some baby gifts:

He sent these three bears. Note that each bear has his own tie! I guess Dad thought we needed a little male bear energy in the house.

He also sent this adorable sleeper

And this funny book

Thank you Dad!

I finished this cuddly, hooded baby sweater.

Yarn: Berroco Plush - 100% nylon
Needles: Size 10 circular & dpns
Pattern: Baby, Baby from the book "Minnies" by Jil Eaton
This was a great pattern. If I knit a sweater for someone else's child, this would be the pattern I would choose.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

-Wendy
[29w, 6d]

4 comments:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

I'm glad that you had such a great weekend! Enjoy your movie theater moments now; Jeff and I haven't been to the theater together since Ethan was born.

Such nice gifts from your Dad! I bet Kylie will have sweet relationships with both of her grandpas.

I LOVE the sweater. It's precious. Speaking of sweaters...If I wash and stretch Ethan's blue cardigan while it's wet, will it stay stretched and be bigger?

Love to you both,
H

Anonymous said...

The sweater came out fantastic!!! Isn't it the softest and cuddliest thing there is?! To think, it will become even more so once there is a baby in it!!

Melissa said...

You have completely peeked my interest. What movie did you see that made you snort with laughter?

I too love the sweater. I just started learning how to knit and I aspire to create things like the sweater you made.

Homestead Mom said...

Hey there. I found your blog recently, and have been enjoying following along. I am 23w4d, and my partner gave birth to our daughter last Oct.

I have been having pregnance-induced carpal tunnel problems. I sleep in a wrist brace, and it helps a lot!

Very cute sweater - I get a lot of compliments on the ones I knit while waiting for DD. It was a great activity for keeping busy while waiting.

Cheers,

Homestead Mom