Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some new things


Today Kylie and I created an artwork snake. It was fun to hear her say, "Sssssss" this morning. Before art time, we read "Hide and Snake" by Keith Baker that we got from the library.

Last week we created a zoo animal collage which Kylie has utter disdain for and is now treating it like nuclear waste.
Here Kylie is finding some buttons that I squished inside a ball of play-doh. She loves this new activity. She has asked for play-doh buttons for the past few days. It usually buys me around ten minutes--time to read few blogs or check my email.

When we are at the park, Kylie has started flinging herself across the big swings and dangling there. Then she kicks at the ground as fast as she can to get herself swinging.

She calls her viewfinder her camera and has insisted on taking it to the park (just like her Mommy). Yesterday, as I raised my camera to take pictures and then lowered my camera to talk with her, she was raising her camera and then lowering it to smile back at me. It was a sweet moment.

Girlfriend is still working hard on walking up and down stairs rather than crawling.

She loves the mulch wood chips that are found at all our parks. Lately, we've been working hard on learning that she can pick up the mulch and drop it but she CAN'T throw it. Usually after five or six times of me saying, "Don't throw the mulch" she decides she'll just eat it instead.

Here's a fun picture I snapped this morning before Kylie's nap.

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Kerry Lynn said...

That is so cute that she pretends to use the camera! M&J have cameras that they got for christmas. I really need to reintroduce them.

Love the mirror picture!

Send me an email...I have a question kerry.lynn@comcast.net

ajs4ever said...

She is just beautiful! I love the polka dot dress!!

Beth said...

love the photos... esp. the last one. Glad I'm not the only one who has a toddler who loves to throw mulch (well, everything) and/or eat it! :)

Soupy said...

great idea w/the playdoh! Love it and I Love the pics- all of them! :) You do such FUN things with your girl!

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Laughing out loud at the picture of the zoo animal collage and her holding it up like she doesn't want it. It's also wonderful to see all her milestones too.