Friday, January 06, 2012

Marathon countdown- 2 days to go

Here's the music that will hopefully carry me through 4 1/2 hours of running at the marathon. I actually have 11 hours loaded on my ipod shuffle if, heaven forbid, it should take me a long time to finish.

As I took these screen shots, I had a premonition of Kylie looking at these lists 20 years from now and laughing her butt off at the goofy music her Mommy listened to.

I find music so motivating. If you need an extra "umph" in your workouts, try incorporating some new songs! In fact, check some of these out.
runningplaylist1.jpg

Notes on songs:

I Drove All Night by Celine Dion
This is an oldy but goldy that has been on my running playlists for many years. But I love it because it reminds me of my favorite Jazzercise teacher in Oregon. She gave so much energy while teaching her classes. She just poured energy into us while we were working out with her. And she always made me smile and laugh as she lip-synched Celine. So I send her blessings when I hear this song.

Dynamite by Taio Cruz
Although Kylie mostly listens to music by Justin Roberts and Laurie Berkner, she fell in love with this Dynamite song. She has asked to hear it over and over. And I love to watch her dance to it and to sing along. I think of Kylie so many times when I'm running, yet this song has a special place in my heart.

Apache Rocks the Bottom by Scooter
This was my favorite training song when we lived in Burke, VA. It brings back memories of trail running in the rain and snow. I've heard it hundreds of times but I never get tired of it.

runningplaylist2.jpg

Little Bad Girl by David Guetta
David Guetta's Nothing But the Beat cd has been a godsend these last two months of training.

Raise Your Glass by Pink
Well since I am "wrong in all the right ways, an underdog, loud and nitty gritty" naturally this song makes me want to wave my freak flag proudly!

Firework by Katy Perry
This song got me through my first half marathon.

Without You by David Guetta and Usher
This song is for Karen. Karen is the best thing in my life.

And since I'm a die-hard Rocky fan, those last two songs on the playlist are a must!

No comments: