Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Santa rides a Bugaboo


Christmas came early to our house. The Bugaboo stroller we ordered arrived today! It will sit by the Christmas tree for the rest of the holidays. It's freaky how much I like looking at this thing and playing with it. Chloe, our younger cat, had to jump in it immediately upon arrival and sniff it out. She deemed it acceptable for "her" house with a quick cat nod.

I also finished knitting a stroller blanket for the Wee One. To make this lovely blanket, I had to learn intarsia knitting (see those colored hearts? The process to do that is called intarsia). And I'm addicted. I knitted this blanket in under a week! I had hoped to finish it before the Bugaboo arrived and I made it! I guess having one's girlfriend out of town tends to speed up progress on one's projects.



For those few knitters who read this blog, here's those knitterly stats we love:
Yarn: Blue Sky Cotton
Needles: Size US 9 circular
Finished size: 28 x 28 inches
Pattern: Heart blanket found in the "Knits from the Heart" book by Kristin Spurkland - modified to include intarsia hearts



-Wendy
[21w, 1d]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice stroller! I don't think it's weird to look and touch the baby stuff. It's fun to picture using it when the baby arrives. :) Beautiful blanket!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog for the first time, and I was excited to find someone due the exact same day I am! Me and my husband are expecting twins (Boy and Girl) on April 30th! We conceived via IVF and I was so excited to read your story and find someone at the same stage of the game as us. I wish you guys an uneventful and wonderful and healthy pregnancy. I will be reading often!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that blanket is very sweet! i might show it to my mum and ask her to replicate it.