Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blogger spam

FYI for our fellow bloggers...

We've been getting spam almost every day on this blog. It seems that advertisers are creating blogs and blog profiles. They then go to some of our earliest entries (deep in our archives) and leave their advertising message as a comment to our posts. We've had "comments" promoting weight loss, colon health, and riding bicycles! They are actually typing in their sales message in the comments and then typing in the word verification letters.

The only way we've been catching this is that we get an email each time we receive a comment (kind of a cool way to read your comments). It hasn't annoyed me to the point where I want to moderate each comment but I thought I would let our fellow bloggers know about it.

To check it out, you might want to go to some of your oldest posts and view your comments. Hopefully you aren't getting hit like we are.

-Wendy

2 comments:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

Thanks for the heads up. So far, we have only had one or two spammers. Sorry that they are leaching onto you.

SassyFemme said...

I've noticed that in my old ones. I pretty much gave up trying to do anything about it, I'm too lazy. :)