Monday, March 19, 2007

Photos and Flowers


On Friday Karen and I went to a photography studio to have our pregnancy photos taken. We took around ten outfits each because we had no idea of what to wear. It looked like we were moving into the place! The photographer has a style that I just love. Here's a photo (not me) to show you their style.

However, to get these beautiful photos, the pregnant gal is basically nude. I was nervous at first. Especially for the first round of pictures which was of me in one of Karen's oversized shirts with the belly poking out and nothing on underneath! But the photographer and assistant had such a lovely, easy-going manner that I was able to relax and enjoy the process.

My favorite part was putting on and wearing this tight mesh tube. It was like having your body completely wrapped in a light-weight ace bandage. When I walked, I had to take itty bitty steps and looked like Morticia Adams. But it really accentuated the belly!

The photographer had Karen wrapped around me, hugging me, nuzzling and kissing me for most of the shots. The photographer would say, "Let me see in your eyes and smiles how much you love each other!" It was so very sweet and loving.

I really recommend having your portrait taken while pregnant. Whatever your body type, if you have a good photographer, you'll leave the shoot feeling beautiful and glowing. And as I told Karen, "I'm just going to pregnant once. I want lots of keepsake photos!"

On Saturday, we had beautiful weather and we spent most of the day in the garden. Karen planted over 40 plants in our backyard. The plants came from a mail-order nursery. Well, I've learned my lesson from ordering plants online. There is an amazing selection but when you get the plants, they are mostly tiny little rootballs. So although we have a large area planted, it still looks like an empty plot of dirt! Oh well, maybe it will actually look like a garden by the time Kylie is five or something.

If anyone has ordered plants this way and has had success, please drop me a line and let me know. Right now I'm a bit discouraged that a) these plants won't live and b) it will take forever for them to grow so c) it was a waste of time, money and effort.

On Sunday I woke up to find several stretch marks had bloomed across my lower belly. I guess I can expect new stretch marks every week from here on out.

Lastly, I'm so tickled to be at 34 weeks. For some reason, I've been really looking forward to hitting this milestone and now that I'm here, I'm pleased as punch! 34 Weeks... WOOHOOO!

-Wendy
[34w, 0d]
[37 Babies R Us visits]

7 comments:

singletracey said...

gosh time is flying quickly! I have never ordered plants online.. but I bet with plenty of watering.. those plants will bloom just fine!

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

I can't wait to see your beautiful photos. I heard you describe your experience in person, but reading the words of your photographer brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like it was an amazing experience.

I was wondering about all of the planting when I glanced over your fence and just saw "dirt"...a next door neighborly glance not a stalker one. :) I remember my mom ordering her tulips mail order every year and they were always beautiful. I'm sure that with all of the rain that we are in store for this week, something we start happening.

Congrats on 34 weeks!!! You are just that much closer to seeing your sweet baby.

Jen said...

What a beautiful photo and I'm sure the photo with the 2 of you looking lovingly at each other is going to be even more beautiful. What a special experience! Congrats on hitting 34 weeks. I'll be there too in just 30 more weeks! haha

Anonymous said...

Only once?

I bet the pics are going to be beautiful.

Mermaidgrrrl said...

I should really be looking into getting this done, but I get scared that I'll be upset at how I look when the photos come out. Pregnancy has brought up some very complicated body issues for me! I'm glad you had a good experience.... maybe I should toughen up and look into it further since I'll probably regret it if I don't.

SJayneI said...

Congratulations on the pics! Liz is a very talented photographer and we have taken several pregnancy photos of people. They are a must. I've asked her what she will do when she gets to that stage since the pictures are usually very feminine. She said she will put on a toolbelt or something! This is going to be fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy...
about the garden (I'm an avid gardener!!)... It takes about 5 years for a garden to hit maturity. When you buy the plants by root, they will come up and will probably bloom beautifully, but won't necissarily hit the maturity level you may be looking for. Don't be discouraged! Every year they will look more and more beautiful (well, if you got perennials or self seeders that is...). Just make sure you put in a little more time this year to make sure those baby plants like where they are and want to stay! Keep the bugs away and dead head! You probably don't have to worry about watering that much based on where you live :P

And, as my mother always says (another avid gardener who is always reassuring me) there is about a 10% mortality rate. Don't be shocked if some of 'em just don't make it.