Monday, March 31, 2008

Still alive

Kylie got the stomach bug on Wednesday morning.

Karen got it Friday morning.

I got it Friday night.

We had a heck of a weekend!

Thank heavens a babysitter was available to help us out on Saturday morning because Karen & I were incapable.

If I had more wit or alacrity about the situation, I could probably write some funny posts about just how nasty it got around here. But I think I'll pass.

Suffice to say that we are all slowly on the mend. Kylie lost a bit of weight (and she really doesn't have it to lose) but her appetite is back and I'm confident she'll put the weight back on.

Oh, and to make matters worse, Karen had a root canal procedure done today.

It's just a race to see just who is the most pitiful around here. We have to laugh about it or we would cry.

To look on the bright side, my tulips should soon be blooming.

And I did make the time tonight to complete my first lesson in Jessica Sprauge's Digi In Deep Class.

Check it out.

8 comments:

f said...

YUCK with the sickness. So sorry it travelled through the house and all of your bodies! Hope it's good and banished now.

But WOW on the page tonight. This one just really really shows of your skills. WOW! I would hire you to do posters or invites for me! Not sure why, but this layout and depth really captures my eye.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have all been sick but it is good to hear that you are all on the mend! Being sick is bad enough but trying to help others feel better certainly doesn't help! Hopefully you have purged all of the winter blahs and you are now ready for the renewal that is spring.

The blooms are certainly blooming in the pacific northwest and the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival starts tomorrow. The sun will be shining soon! Hang in there and thanks for your wonderful blog!

Stacey said...

Sorry about the bug. I'm glad you ahd a babysitter. We had no one except for like 2 hours to nap at the end of the day and we were all laying on the floor moaning while Riley played. It was awful. So hard to take care of a baby when you feel like puking. Diaper changes were the hardest! :P

Anonymous said...

Two sick mommies and a sick baby = no bueno!

I'm glad you all are on the mend.

The Maven said...

You poor things! Glad to hear everyone is slowly on the mend. Root canals are NOT fun, either. I've had five so far and I hope never to have another!

Beautiful scrapbooking. I'm a bit jealous of the flowers. We still have a foot of snow here.

Kerry Lynn said...

oh no! I'm so sorry you all came down with it! There is not much worse than a stomach bug :-(

Alayna said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for all of you. What a terrible weekend! I'm glad you're all feeling better now and that you were able to get some help when you needed it. Hope you're all feeling back to yourselves and enjoying the better weather :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness the stomach flu is the worst! So glad yall are feeling better and I am loving the fresh new pictures of Spring and your beautiful Kylie! Tamara in Atlanta