Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home, home


My darling wife Karen made it home safely on Saturday.

Kylie was eating at the kitchen table when Karen walked in. Kylie held up her arms and called "Momma!" with delight. They sat on the couch together and Kylie just crawled all over her. Kylie would hug her, lean back and look at her, and then hug her again. She must have rolled and crawled and hugged every inch of Karen. After about an hour of this mutual love fest, Kylie collapsed into her crib and slept for two hours. She was so happy and relieved to have her Momma home.

Later, we went to the park for some swinging and sliding. This picture is so sweet. Kylie is soaking in her Mom's presence.


When we returned home, we had a special delivery of chocolate-covered strawberries and fruit from Karen's boss in appreciation of all of her hard work. Yummy!


I made Karen this simple scrapbook prior to her leaving. And Karen filled it in while she was away.

It's part time capsule, part travel log and part love letter to Kylie. It's filled with Karen's itinerary, boarding passes, Canadian money, receipts, and pictures along with reflections on her time in Canada and what she missed most about being away from home.

Granna also made it safely home to TN on Saturday. She was such a big help this past week in taking care of me and playing with Kylie. On Friday, we dined out for lunch and then played at our nearby duck pond. Kylie, of course, had to crawl and stand at all of the benches.

This is such a beautiful duck pond. Easy to access with a lovely paved walk and lots of ducks and geese to admire.

There is an amazing weeping willow on the path. I'm going to come back here with my good digital camera and snap lots more pictures!

Kylie and Granna were so happy that they did some twirling together. Sorry Granna. This picture is too sweet; I had to share it!


Thank goodness that our lives shall return to our normal routines. Including making some scrapbook pages!

6 comments:

kiles1670 said...

such a beautiful homecoming for Karen. :-)
You are both so lucky

Angele said...

Hey just wondering what type of camera you use to shoot all your pictures??? We are trying to decide on a new camera and I love the dept your camera has.

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi Angele,
I shoot with a Nikon D50. I keep a Quantaray 1:2.8D 50mm Macro lens on the camera. I like to shoot really close to my subject and this lens works beautifully for that purpose.

I've shot on automatic with this camera for 2 1/2 years and have been very pleased with my pictures. I'm just now learning to shoot on manual. So far I find it easy to quickly change the shutter speed and aperture settings.

Surprisingly, I didn't do a lot of research before buying the Nikon. Since then, I've learned that there are "Nikon" people and ""Canon" people. Who knew? I just picked a Nikon because the camera stores near me sell them.

Of course, I still use Photoshop and Photoshop Camera Raw to tweak my pictures. It's the best tool in my toolbox and helps correct LOTS of my mistakes.

Hope this helps. Love ya, Wendy

Angele said...

HELPS LOTS.... I thank you MILLIONS!!! I've always enjoyed your pictures so I though you would be the right person to ask. So I wasn't far off by thinking I wanted to get the Nikon D60.

HUGS!

2momswithaplan said...

Hello! I've been following your story and love how your family has grown over the last few years. I love this post! A toddler's love is such a powerful thing... it can turn the worst day into the best. You two are lucky to have an adorable daughter.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! you have a beautiful daughter. I wish I knew how to do scrapbooking. I think I waited too long and now I have thousands of pictures and no inspiration.
-Nalia