Thursday, September 04, 2008

Spicy

Thank you for your recent comments. You encourage me and support me more than you know.

Kylie has fallen in love with spicy food. I really started to notice it when we recently had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. Karen and I were handing her skinless pieces of our wings and she was eating them so fast we could hardly keep up. She kept saying and signing, "More". She also surprised us that day by going nuts over the celery sticks and dip. I've since served her celery and dip at home and she loves it. I just have to serve it at the end of her lunch or she won't let go of the sticks in order to eat anything else.

Kylie also loves Foster Farms Southwestern Chicken breast strips & Morning Star Southwestern Veggie cakes. She mostly turns up her nose to hamburger but she ate some taco meat yesterday. And she ate a small bowl of Southwestern black beans today.

My girl likes it spicy!

If any of you know of some other spicy foods I could offer her, please let me know.

Here are a few pictures I took this afternoon in our backyard.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps you could give her some spicy humums to dip her celery in?

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the spicy food! The girl knows what's good! I am still loving the pics. Those giant blue eyes make me smile!

f said...

- spicy hummus
- little spicy "pizzas" made from english muffins in the toaster oven
- something thai - either chicken stirfy, or basil tofu, or a peanut dish. Is she allowed peanuts or peanut products? Thai peanut dipping sauce is awesome for some kids.
(here's one recipe: http://www.bigoven.com/103852-Kids-Cook:-Thai-Rice-Rolls-with-Spicy-Peanut-Sauce-recipe.html)

Again, awesome photos. You captured the light perfectly!

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos--you are very talented, Wendy! I wonder if you've ever considered doing it professionally? I'm sure you'd do well at it!
As always, Kylie is darling. I especially love that second photo of her in this entry. Just adorable!
Also the blog itself is very well done. I'm just starting on mine --along with my partner Sandy. You can read if you want...although it's not nearly as tech savvy as yours --but it is a learning experience after all! We are: Lori and Sandy: Hers and Hers. It's www.loriandsandy.blogspot.com We welcome one and all!

Stacey said...

cute pics.

riley likes spicy too. one thing that is fun is pita to dip in spicy red pepper humus. samosas are spicy and spicy pasta is good.

Lynanne said...

My kids love Indian food and deli mustard (with horseradish). Both are spicy but don't have the lasting burn that some jalapeƱo peppers have.

Mommy J's Wild Ride said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to get to share this with you :) It's not SUPER spicy, but she's just starting out, so I think she'll love it. Morning Start makes a veggie sausage patty. The box is mostly green. My sister turned us on to the breakfast sandwich maker at Target and told us about those to make veggie breakfast sandwiches. We use 1oz of pepper jack organic cheese, one patty and flax seed muffins. However, the pattys themselves are delicious and just a little spicy. Also, the perfect consistency for that little one of yours. Hopefully you can give em' a try :)

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

That second picture of Kylie with her hands up is so striking. Her blue eyes are beautiful! You're doing a great job with the manual mode. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi-my name is Melanie my parnter and i have a 2 1/2 year old. I was wondering if you could e-mail me. We would like to ask you two a question if we could. mjsherven@sbcglobal.net
your daughter is beautiful. just a sweetie. thanks so much!!

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi Melanie,

I hope you check back here.

I've been trying to email you but it keeps bouncing back. Here's my email address:
karenandwendy@gmail.com.