Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Zoo

We took a little trip to the zoo yesterday. This was Kylie's fourth time there. And each time we go, we see something new. Yesterday we saw meerkats, a sun bear, a DeBrazza's monkey, and two leopards.

But the mountain goat, the giraffe and the sheep and chickens remain Kylie's favorites. Here's Kylie and Granna both saying baaa to the sheep.


We took a break for Kylie to stretch her legs and to have some raisins. Here I am scurrying and kneeling trying to feed Kylie raisins while trying to get close enough for a picture of the both of us. This girl loves her raisins; can you tell?

She's such a cutie!


Karen has been working near Toronto Canada for the past ten days. And we are both feeling the strain. I was looking forward to using our IChat to video chat with one another so that she could see Kylie but we had trouble getting that to work. So Karen has sent Kylie videos that she's recorded reminding her that Momma loves her.

My Mom is here and will keep me company until Karen returns on Saturday 9/27. But it is still hard. I keep losing the phones in the house (I only do this when Karen is gone) and the baby monitor. I also end up sleeping in strange positions because I keep seeking out Karen with an arm or leg or foot while I'm sleeping. I could go on and on about how much I miss her. But the baby is waking up from a nap and I've got to go.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm a bit of a stalker. I read mainly to see the pictures of your beautiful daughter, but your blog in general almost always makes me smile.

You're right. She's an absolute cutie! I have have little-to-no advice on child-rearing, since I haven't had any of my own yet, but I can definitely empathize with being a long distance from someone you love.

Becky said...

I'd really like to see a picture of Kylie, you and your mom together. It's amazing to me how much y'all look alike. What a fab layout that'd be!

And...we miss Karen, too, at Hotsos!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love seeing your pictures at the end of my day. They always put a smile on my face. Your little girl is an absolute cutie.

I really feel for you being away from Karen for so long but it must be nice to have your mum there to help out. If I lived near you, I would bring over one of your Grande Mochas!

I use Macs and I find that Skype is really reliable for video chats. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for sharing your day with me!

Louise in Vancouver, Canada