Monday, December 01, 2008

Words and more words

We have a desk in our kitchen area that is a catch-all for lots of things. Things like our purses, keys, mail, sippy cups and so forth. It also has a minimum of three lists on it-- a grocery list, a Target/Home Depot list, and a Kylie list. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop recording her new words. After all, she's past 50 words now. But then she says something new and I find myself writing it down.

For those of you who can't read my scribbly writing her new words are:
sausage, morning, zebra, penguin, noodle, up high, "here you go", dirty, I sit, sunshine, plane, clothes, boo-boo, and crawl.

If only I could learn a second language as quickly! Karen and I have challenged each other to learn some Spanish. I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

Here's a few photos for you.
Kylie is lining up her Little People. "Get in line, get in line, get in line!"


"I really hope they stay put. Disorder makes me nervous."

She cracks me up when she gets so intent and serious with her play tasks.

And here's a couple of scrapbook pages:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I urge you to try out Boca Beth's Spanish learning program. We started it with our kids when they were younger than Kylie - and it's made a HUGE difference in their ability to learn a second language with such ease. The tunes are just catchy enough, too, that you'll find yourself having trouble getting them out of your head! You can find out more at www.bocabeth.com

Lynanne said...

Did you know that the average two- year-old learns 10 new words a day? Kylie is probably already there. How fun!

Better get a bigger notepad. ;)