Monday, August 17, 2009

Numbers

Today has been full of numbers--
new mobile phone numbers
the number of people in line at the DMV (we'll go back another day),
the appointment times and phone numbers for the 4 landscape companies who came to give estimates on leaf removal for us this Fall,
the new addresses in our GPs (I love you GPS!)
and so forth.

So I thought I would continue with the numbers theme and share that:
I've taken 200 photos for my photo-a-day project. I've only missed 28 days for the year. You can see the entire Kylie photo montage here.

Here was my pick of the day.

Although I thought these two were good too.


I also peeked on Shelfari to see how many books I've read this year. 48 so far. I've listed them for you below. The PC Cast ones are a bit embarrassing to list because they are juvenile mind candy. I've also listened to the first ten audiobooks by JD Robb--the Eve Dallas series read by Susan Erikson--and they are hands-down the best audio series I've ever heard. They keep me coming back for more. I don't know how I would survive all the playground trips without them.

So without further ado, my top twelve books so far this year are:
Sarah Addison Allen: The Sugar Queen
Jacqueline Carey: Naamah's Kiss & Kushiel's Mercy.
Katherine Center: Everyone Is Beautiful
Charlaine Harris: Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 9)
Toni Jordan: Addition
Stephen King: Just After Sunset: Stories
Stephenie Meyer: Breaking Dawn
Stephenie Meyer: The Host
Naomi Novik: Victory of Eagles (Temeraire, Book 5)
Garth Stein: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Kathryn Stockett The Help

And the others are:
Margot Berwin: Hothouse Flower and the Nine Plants of Desire: A Novel
Libba Bray: A Great and Terrible Beauty
Libba Bray: Rebel Angels
Dan Brown: Angels & Demons
P.C. Cast: Marked: A House of Night Novel
P.C. Cast: Betrayed: A House of Night Novel
P.C. Cast: Chosen: A House of Night Novel
P.C. Cast: Untamed: A House of Night Novel
P.C. Cast: Hunted: A House of Night Novel
P.C. Cast: Divine By Mistake
P.C. Cast: Divine By Choice
P.C. Cast: Divine By Blood
Jacqueline Carey: Santa Olivia
Katherine Center: The Bright Side of Disaster: A Novel
Jeffery Deaver: The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel
Eileen Favorite: The Heroines
Charlaine Harris: The Julius House: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery
Nick Hornby: How to Be Good
Tobsha Learner: Soul
Debbie Macomber: The Shop On Blossom Street
Stephenie Meyer: New Moon
Stephenie Meyer: Twilight
Stephenie Meyer: Eclipse
Doreen Orion: Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles......
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee: Things I Learned From Knitting (Whether I Wanted To or Not)
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee: Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again
Jodi Picoult: Change of Heart: A Novel
Lisa Scottoline: Everywhere That Mary Went
Adriana Trigiani: Big Stone Gap
Adriana Trigiani: Very Valentine: A Novel
Maria V. Snyder: Fire Study
Non-fiction
Brett Berk: The Gay Uncle's Guide to Parenting: Candid Counsel from the Depths of the Daycare Trenches
Amanda Blake Soule: The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections
Art Carey: Champions Body-for-LIFE
E.D. Hill: I'm Not Your Friend, I'm Your Parent
Ali Edwards: Sharing Your Story: Recording Life's Moments in Mini Albums

Hope this book list helps you curl up with a great read!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

BEAUTIFUL pics!! Your daughter is lovely!

I'm jealous of your reading list, I wish I had more time to read! Maybe when my little girl gets a bit older :)

DawgDyke said...

Wow, quite the list! :)

Your daughter is beautiful.

Audra said...

What great books! I've been on a young adult kick lately- just finished the Mortal Instruments trilogy by Cassandra Clare.

And I think I've asked you before, but I don't remember?? What camera do you use? Your photos always look so lovely!

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi Audra, thanks for the comment. I'll have to try the Clare books.

I shoot with a Nikon D50. I still shoot in automatic a lot of the time but am learning to shoot in manual mode more often.