Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween celebration, part one

Kylie's Halloween celebration began on Friday during Kylie's school day.

Her school put on a fabulous Halloween festival. Karen and I had both signed up as parent volunteers. I made 60 goody bags of stuff (30 for Karen's station and 30 for mine). Let me tell you, I was proud of those goody bags. One bag held a little notebook, a sheet of stickers, a pencil, two pumpkin-shaped erasers and a little plastic frog. The other bag held a small bottle of bubbles, a tiny kaleidescope, orange and black bracelets and a glow-in-the-dark plastic bat. We also provided stickers for some of the other decorations.

There were a lot of stations for the kids! Karen got to work the bean bag toss. I stepped away for just a moment to snap this picture of both my girls. Karen was awesome--giving high fives and cheers for all the children.
102910_001.jpg

I got to work the "pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern poster" station. I had fun putting a tissue-covered mask on the kids and twirling them. With one twirl, the kids were dizzy and I had to keep my hands on their shoulders and help position their arms or most of the kids would have missed the pumpkin door completely.
102910_001.jpg

By the end of two hours, Kylie had all of this of Halloween loot!
102910_001.jpg
A pumpkin and ghost necklace (Kylie did a great job with this!), a mummy hand (plastic glove filled with popcorn and candy corn), a Halloween cup and balloon, two more pencils and two small sheets of stickers, five small tubs of play-doh, spider rings, a Halloween crown, two silly bandz, a sugar cookie that she decorated with icing and sprinkles, a pumpkin she decorated with stickers (she worked a long time on it; we had to drag her away from that station. But look at what a cool pumpkin she made!), the two gift bags we made and a pumpkin to hold it all. What fun!

And I had a blast making Kylie and special bento lunch for the day.
102910_Halloween_bento.jpg

I had hoped to include her Halloween costume and pictures from Sunday but little one needs me so stay tuned for part two!

1 comment:

Teaberry said...

OMG the mummy dog! I love it!!!