Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beach

Here in Florida it still gets to 85-90 degrees in the afternoon. There are lots of swimmers and surfers at the beach, including me and Kylie.

092611_003.jpg
See that mischievous look in her eye...this was right before she...

kicked a whole bunch of water on me.
092611_005.jpg

092611_006.jpg

092611_007.jpg

092611_008.jpg
There was a little tide pool forming here. I love this shot.

092611_009.jpg
She found a few more larger tide pools.

092611_010.jpg

Kylie had a meltdown on the trek back to the house. When we got home she had finally stopped crying. I gave her two baths (one to wash off the sand, then clean the bathtub, and another bath to wash her body and hair). As I washed off in my shower, Kylie was banging on my shower door telling me she was starving and thirsty. I was completely tired and discouraged thinking, "Why the heck do we go to the ocean when we both feel tired and grumpy when we get back?"

Then I look at my photographs. I can feel her joy when I look at them. I can remember how much fun I had shooting over 100 pictures. I can remember how I put the camera down and chased her up and down the beach. And how we waded out and jumped the waves, sometimes with her holding my hand and sometimes with her in my arms. I think about how we both smile the whole time we are there. It's worth it. At the end of the day, I feel so lucky to live close to the ocean.
092611_002.jpg

4 comments:

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

I think ou should add "close to the Atlantic Ocean." ;) As you probably remember, swimming at Cannon Beach at the end of September would probably get you hypothermia. Seriously beautiful pics of Kylie! I love the one of her lying down in the tidepool. I'm so jealous that you live in a warm climate, close to the beach. :)

Nada said...

They are stunning pictures Wendy. You must have been very lucky to find a spot away freom all those people to take them.
Hope you are all doing well over there!

Teaberry said...

That is a gorgeous shot-- the one of her resting in the first tide pool. I think you should blow that up and frame it!

Kerry Lynn said...

And those are some dang amazing photos. I wish we could go to the beach together one day.

I totally hear you on wondering if things are worth it when you're in the middle of a tantrum, but in the end it's always worth it.