Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Project Life -week 3 & 4

092011_002.jpg
Week of 9/5 - 9/11 starts out with the story I blogged about perfection. I used Ali Edwards Remember Outline Word Overlays.

092011_003.jpg
On the back was a counting worksheet from school. I love how Kylie repeated her color pattern here.

092011_005.jpg
Then the pictures of Kylie on the tires. I used two cards from the Project Life kit--one date card and one pretty little art card.

092011_001.jpg
On the back are pictures of Karen's parents' visit. I blanked out names on the photo. The sun and fish stitches are from this digital template that I had in my stash. I used a long Project Life journaler to write about their stay with us. I still feel a bit awkward using my own handwriting for scrapbooking but I liked how I tucked the story in a small space and can pull the card out and read it in the future. I downloaded a ten-year 9/11 graphic from online because it felt weird to not acknowledge it in some way. The bit of writing on the photo in the lower left corner is from this brush pack.

092011_006.jpg
Then on a 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock, I glued one of Kylie's artwork pieces. I liked this one because she drew a butterfly life cycle with a caterpillar in the right corner, a cocoon in the tree and then the red butterfly in the sky. I included a bit of journaling and used a stamp I bought from my local craft store to create the journal lines.

092011_007.jpg
On the back, I glued a school worksheet about ants that Kylie colored and a small booklet that Kylie created (lots of cutting practice) from her Highlights magazine. Thanks Granna for the Highlights! Kylie really loves getting them in the mail and she just pours over them.

I love that I had a pile of about 12-20 different art things from the week but that I pick just a few to put in her scrapbook. It really helps take the pressure off what to do with all that stuff that piles up during the week!

092011_008.jpg
Week 9/12 - 9/18 includes more family pictures and another Project Life date card. I used a small picture of the hotel they stayed at along with check-in and check-out dates. I really use my scrapbooking to remember important dates so I always try to get those dates on my pages. Karen and I were laughing last week that she remembers her folks visiting us in Virginia last year. For some strange reason, I don't have any pictures of their visit. No pictures meant no scrapbook page which meant I didn't remember it at all. I put up a fight that Karen was wrong and that they hadn't come. Karen was right of course...they had come and when she told me details of it I finally remembered. But it just goes to show me how much I rely on pictures and scrapbook pages to remember things.

092011_009.jpg
On the back are a few pictures you haven't seen. Kylie got to work in the edible garden at her school. The little journal card describes how she got to plant something and water it with a yellow watering can. The journaling also describes how I downloaded the garden and friend picture from the school's Facebook page. The upper right picture of Kylie waiting at school drop-off has the word explore printed around it. I used this brush pack and this digital cutie pie tag. Karen and I saw a movie on Saturday so I did a little write-up about that and used some elements from this digital kit that I had in my stash. I love that I now have a place to put movie stubs. I think it will be cool in the future to look back to remember how much movie tickets cost.

092011_010.jpg
The work from Kylie's school the week was pretty simple--just some poking and gluing.

092011_011.jpg
And on the back, some completed pretend grocery sheets that Kylie played with at home and a little journaling about how she played with them.

So that's it! Two more weeks of Project Life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love the idea of handwritten notes - especially tucked in there like that. She'll definitely cherish them in the future. This is a great idea and much less intimidating than digital scrapbooking.

Allison said...

I'm impressed with your ability to keep up on the project life books! It's such a great idea, I just don't think I'm organized enough to do it!

Also, re. Kylie's number work from school, the colours she used for the chains correspond to the colours of the beads on the Montessori materials. :)

thiswillbe said...

I hadn't checked your blog in a while, but WOW I love the Project Life posts! How wonderful! I would really like to start preserving memories that are slipping through the cracks on a daily basis.

I'm relatively new to your blog-- have you talked about how you got into scrapbooking? how you fit it in to your daily life? I'd be interested to know...

Thanks for sharing! :)