Thursday, September 08, 2011

Project Life

I've found a new way to scrapbook. It's called Project Life and I'm so excited about it. I love digital scrapbooking and I plan on making lots more digital pages. But I'm scrapping events from April 2010; I'm about 16 months behind. So I thought it would be fun to scrapbook Kylie's 2011 school year as each week goes by using the Project Life method and using Ali Edwards' pages as inspiration.

The Project Life album and supplies for 2011 should be available in October/November. I didn't want to wait, so I bought last year's kit off Ebay. If you are interested, you can buy a binder and page protectors here.

Project Life- Week 1
090811_001.jpg
This page shows the page setup that I prefer with room for 4 4x6 horizontal pictures and room for 4 other small pictures or cards or whatever. For the smaller pictures, I simply create a 4x6 photo in Photoshop and load the two pictures I want. After the picture is printed, I simply cut it in half and tuck it into the sleeves. Easy Peasy. This page documents our recent zoo trip including the armband we purchased to get into the stingray exhibit. The journaling overlay is from this story pack from Ali Edwards.

090811_002.jpg
Pictures and journaling about Kylie's first day of school. The writing is from this brush pack.

090811_003.jpg
Then on a simple 8 1/2 x 11 sheet protector, I tucked in the schedule of Kylie's day that we were given.

090811_004.jpg
For the back, on another sheet of paper, I put two of Kylie's recent sticker puzzles as well as a note. I used a simple journaling stamp with ink that I bought at my local craft store. Then there is another letter-sized sheet protector with some of Kylie's artwork from her first week (both front and back).

090811_005.jpg
Since the first two pages were about 2 specific days, for the third page I used one of the Project Life week cards to signify that the rest of the pictures were for the week 8/22. I journaled a bit about Kylie seeing her first rainbow and about Kylie finding the free sugar cookies at the grocery store. I did the journaling in Photoshop but in the future, I'll use one of the Project Life journaling cards.

For the second week, the week of 8/29, I used another Project Life week cards and bunches of pictures of Kylie.
090811_006.jpg

090811_007.jpg
I had a lot I wanted to write about these pictures, so I created the letter-sized document.

090811_008.jpg
And on the back, I put some of Kylie's arwork. On the other page, I included pictures and journaling about Kylie and the waterslides, a quick trip we made to the beach and how snuggling Kylie is when she wakes up from a nap. The "favorite moments" script is from this brush pack.

090811_009.jpg
The next page was all about Granna's recent visit. On the facing page, I'll include the digital page about our beach trip once it is printed. The artwork on the next page will flip over to the back of that page.

090811_010.jpg
Poking exercises and artwork Kylie brought home from school.

090811_011.jpg
These last two pages show some work Kylie has done at home. The journaling explains how Kylie will ask me or Karen to write out different sayings for her like "Kylie's book about mermaids and princesses." Kylie takes it and reprints it on her own paper, making little books.

090811_012.jpg
This back page has Kylie's pretend restaurant juice menu complete with juice pictures on the inside.

So there you have it! My first two weeks of Project Life! I know a lot of this is repetitive of some of my blog entries. I don't want to bore you. So let me know if you are at all interested in seeing each week's Project Life scrapbook pages. And feel free to ask questions because heaven knows I love passing on the scrapbooking bug.

No comments: