Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Business trip day 2.5

Well, 2 days (actually 2.5 days...but who's counting?) of this trip down and 10 to go! I'm in Atlanta doing my thing but can't help taking little mental side trips back home every 5 seconds or so. I do love what I do for a living, but girl-oh-girl this being away from home as we approach the date of our first pregnancy test is a killer!

I find myself swinging from very cool and zen about the whole thing to totally freaked out and completely, fanatically desirous for the time till test day to magically pass in the blink of an eye and it be here and we know! And...I'm here freaking out all by myself in the Hampton Inn. Can you say fun? (Not!) Of course Wendy is home working her way through the same waiting period all alone (well, she does have the kitty cats to keep her company). We both keep trying to keep the other's anxiety in check as best we can with our multiple daily phone calls, but it's hard for both of us. We both want to know (NOW!) and yet we don't want to be too stressed or anxious. How do you keep the balance between healthy excitement and freaked out stress? I suppose that's what we'll find out before this whole process is over.

- Karen

1 comment:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

I'm sorry that you are stuck counting the minutes until POAS at the Hampton Inn...couldn't they have at least sent you somewhere tropical?! hehe Hang in there and know that we miss you and love you. Wendy is getting lots of good "Mommy practice" with Ethan and she is awesome at it!!!!!
Love,
H