Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So glad to be home

Wendy here.

Yesterday was our second insemination. We learned that our second insemination held 15 million sperm (in a 1cc syringe--isn't that amazing!!) and our first held 14 million. Since PacPro guarantees at least five million, we were thrilled with the higher numbers.

After the appointment, we had a leisurely lunch and then some coffee/computer/reading time at Starbucks. We were so thrilled to fly home and sink into our own beds. There's nothing like your home sweet home. I don't see how K travels as much as she does.

It's funny.... I don't feel any different except that I know that I might be pregnant and therefore have a desire to protect my mid-section. Karen has been very sweet and has done all the lifting for me. Yesterday, I started to pick a suitcase out of the trunk and she shook her head and said, "Nope, I'll get it for us". Same with today's groceries.

I went to Jazzercise today and did all low-impact moves--no bouncing or jogging or jumping. And I didn't do any of the floor exercises that work the abs, thighs and but. Instead I walked 1 mile around the exercise center and came home. Just barely got my heartrate up and broke a light sweat. I guess I'll have to cut back on some calories since I'm not going to burn as many with high-impact exercise - at least until I learn whether I'm pregnant or not.

I was hoping that my temperature would surge up (indicating the end of ovulation) but it didn't. I took one last ovulation test and I was back to a faint line. I just pray that we got inseminated on the "right" two days and that I've conceived. At least we can rest assured that we did everything we could to get pregnant.

Thanks again to all our family and friends for their well wishes. Now we begin the two-week wait.

3 comments:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

So glad that you are home too!! I know that the two week wait is the hardest, but we are here for you sending you love, support, and positive vibes. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Love,
The Eberlin's

Caroline said...

Sending good thoughts your way. Hope you post in two weeks that you are expecting. That would be so exciting. BTW, I know of a several couples that got pregnant the first time they tried. So, it does happen.

Kathryn said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!