Sunday, August 03, 2008

Busy Friday

Lots of pictures to share!

Kylie started the day by insisting on going for a walk. You may wonder what "insisting" looks like for a toddler. Well, she fusses and cries as she sits and points at the door. She refuses to be distracted. But when I pull out her shoes, she smiles and claps and bounces up and down.

I tried to explain to her that it was raining. But she didn't care. In fact, I think she enjoyed walking in the rain. I did have to restrain her from lapping water from a puddle but other than that, I let her play and walk and fall and walk some more. At one point, she stood still, threw her head back to the rain and spoke the most gentle and happy "Wheeeee". It was adorable.

Anyway, when we finished our walk, she looked like this:

Soaking wet & droopy pants from all the walking and falling but happy as a clam.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a toddler raincoat and/or rainpants? I have a feeling we're going to be out a lot this Fall and Winter - and that means a lot of rain in the Pacific NW. I'm going to need something to keep her warm and dry.

Later in the day, we took to Kylie to get her hair cut:

She was very well behaved in the barber chair, even when we had to move her head around to get to her bottom curls. She did cling like crazy to the Dory figurine she was given.

And this was Miss Cutie Pie after her haircut.

She did other fun things last Friday like trying on my shoes.

And riding her Radio Flyer no-pedal tricycle.

But the big hit of the day (other than our rain walk) was drawing with a magna doodle. Here's Momma showing her how.

I've really been wanting Kylie to draw but she just doesn't get the drawing with crayons. But she loved this doodle. I think it will be a great way for her to grasp the concept of coloring.

10 comments:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

What a wonderful, busy day! Thanks for sharing all you did. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Audra said...

omg. that photo of her post walk was absolutely adorable. she looks so proud!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures especially after the rain. Rain Gear I used was like this from L. L. Bean:
http://www.llbean.com/
just do a search for kids rainwear
Good Luck trsh

Kerry Lynn said...

Fabulous photos!

Magnadoodle! What a great idea! Have to get one now.

Holly B. said...

Her hair is so pretty. Love the sweet little curls!
(Neighbor Heather's cousin)

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness, she is just so adorable!

Dee said...

As always, she is so stinkin' cute! I'm going to have to get Riley a doodle pad as well. She thinks crayons are more fun to eat.

BTW - I changed our blog name. We're now raisingrileyjoe.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Two moms it can be done,
Hi. I am having the best time today surfing lesbian mommy blogs. I have to say, One mom it can be done. I did it and wrote a book about it: My Miserable, Lonely, Lesbian Pregnancy. I think it would make you laugh.

Life has changed and now I have a partner and a 4-year-old and I'm also blogging at andreaaskowitz.com, about my new experience as an expectant dad. My girlfriend is pregnant! Great to run into you.

andrea

Elizabeth said...

We have rain pants and rain jacket from REI for Edden. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fletzet/2736620454/ It keeps him nice and dry, even when he splashes in puddles. I also used a Nikwax treatment to waterproof his leather shoes, and it really seems to have worked! Here's a link to the REI rain pants:
http://www.rei.com/product/717364
We got them big so that they'll fit for awhile, and we roll them up as necessary. The matching raincoat is great too.

Jeni said...

I am now inspired to go and buy a magnadoodle, great idea!