Friday, August 29, 2008

Gay and Away



Hello from San Jose, California! I'm attending the Creative Photograpy Retreat Course. I'll be here until Sunday.

It was hard to drive away from my Kylie. I teared up and choked up and was a blotchy mess. But by the time I got to the airport, I was fine. Fortune smiled on me by giving me an entire row of three seats all to myself on my flight. I played my favorite songs on my ipod (you know, I don't listen to enough music when I'm home. A long stretch of your favorite music is so awesome). My suitcase was first off the line and my shuttle service was prompt and easy. My room is spacious and just lovely.

Carefree is the word that keeps coming to me. I feel carefree.

No diapers, no fussing over Kylie's meals, no planning of toddler activities. No laundry, or dusting or cooking or cleaning. No one to take care of but myself. It's been a long time since I've had this kind of freedom. It's heady.

I miss my family but I'm excited about what I'm going to learn here. Thank you to my sweet wife Karen for encouraging this trip and making it possible.

Please wish me luck!

Oh, I made this page while watching Obama's acceptance speech.

Details

2 comments:

Kerry Lynn said...

OH, I'm SOOOOO jealous!!!

My kids are actually away this weekend but it's so I can work all weekend volunteering at a PGA event. Fun because I enjoy it but certainly not relaxing. I need a weekend away by myself! Actually I just want a weekend alone at home!

I can't wait to see what you learn!

Stef said...

I drove through San Jose last night and thought of you. We went on a spur of the moment trip to Monterey... temps at home was 110 and monterey was a cold 58.. nice..

Have a great time and learn lots!!!!