Sunday, June 07, 2009

Busted lip

Kylie busted her upper lip today. She was running down the sidewalk towards her park and swings and fell. I saw and heard her hit and it made my gut just clench. Calmly I got her to the car to see the damage. There was quite a lot of blood so I cleaned her off with a anti-bacterial wipe. Once clean, I could tell that there wasn't any teeth hurt or any need for stitches. Just a good, ole-fashioned busted lip.

I offered to Kylie to go home and put some ice on it. She got quite upset and screamed, "Park! Swings! Park! Swings!" until I told her "Okay, okay, we'll go play". She wasn't going to let a little blood slow her down thank you very much.

After about 45 minutes she was ready to go home. As we entered the house I asked, "Anything I can do for you, kiddo?" She said, "Medicine (Tylenol) and ice please", and then, "Medicine first".

I had some cold cantaloupe in the fridge and I think that helped soothe the lip and then later after dinner, she got a icy cold fruit popsicle.

You know me. I had to take a few pictures.

Let's see a close-up. OUCH!!!!

But don't let this post fool you. Girlfriend is just fine.

3 comments:

Mommy J's Wild Ride said...

Poor little girl. OUCH!! You handled it so well, I am going to have to remember that with Addison, b/c I know it would crush me. Glad she is okay. Nice pics.

2momswithaplan said...

Popsicles always make it better! I remember the first time my niece fell really hard, I thought my stomach was going to drop. And the scream that came from her when she did fall... it was enough for me to cry as well. You handled it very well!

Kerry Lynn said...

UGH! I wouldn't have handled that very well.
Thankfully it wasn't a big deal.

Hey, how do you have 66 followers?? I only have 17!