Sunday, August 09, 2009

New trees, new rooms


One of the best things about our new home is the backyard. Just look at these fantastic trees.

And a birdbath that has Kylie quite intrigued.


And then there is this interesting beauty in our side yard.


For those of you who are interested, I posted just a few pictures of our home on Flickr. You can see them by clicking here. There are notes on the Flickr pictures. Just move your mouse over the opened picture to see them.


Kylie is settling in so well. She tells me several times a day that she likes our new home. She doesn't ask for our old home. She does tell me many times that she missed me while we were apart which is sweet to hear. I've noticed some new funny things such as:
1. She likes to say, "Oh dear. Where is mother dear?" "Oh dear. Where is mother dear?" Over and over. Not sure where she picked this one up.

2. She loves her many decks of flashcards. Some of them are also games like "Go Fish". I just love it when she says, "Wild Card" and "Oh just the instructions".

3. She really wants to make me laugh. The other day we were driving to the store and Kylie saw a man dressed up like a chicken advertising a restaurant. She said, "Oh Gosh! That's a chicken! I can NOT believe it!" Well I cracked up. We rocked the car we were laughing so hard. Now, she says, "That's a chicken" several times a day and starts laughing to see if she can get me to laugh too.

4. Her cousin Emily taught her parts of the Wiggle Worm song. (By the way, this isn't Emily on the video; this is just the only link I could find with the song.) Kylie now thinks that one of Karen's pillows is a wiggle worm. She asks us to sing the song while she sits on her worm all the time.

My darling Karen left for week-long job in Utah, her last engagement before she starts her new full-time job. I really worried about putting her on the plane for this trip. She is so tired from all the past few weeks activities. I just pray that this job isn't too taxing and that she can get a bit of rest. She works so hard for our family. I'm so grateful for all she does.

11 comments:

Kate said...

I love her room- the closet idea with the curtain is great- Looks like you are getting settled- glad your house sold- things are moving along.

Now it is time to throw another baby into the mix! :)

Sarah C. said...

I want to say hello since I have systematically (and not at all stalker-esque!) read your blog from start to finish over the last couple weeks. From TTC to pregnancy to Kylie's birth and now childhood I've been completely captivated by the pictures you've posted and your story. I've laughed out loud, cried and 'awwww'ed over your life with Karen and Kylie. I'm sure you can find this with anyone, but I've seen so many similarities between our lives, we're just at different points on our timeline. And we have the same starbucks favorite (iced grande non fat no whip mocha)! My partner and I are buying our first home, planning our wedding and researching TTC options. I work with small children (I direct a child development center) and she is the training manager for a tech support company.

I really just want to thank you for putting your life out there for the world to see. It's so nice to see a relatively low drama couple who seem to have many of the same life goals we do - and are achieving them! I must say the love and tenderness toward you that came from Karen's posts (way back when) were heart warming. Your relationship is an inspiration.

And Kylie. Oh.my.goodness. she's adorable and seems like such a wonderful little human being. You've both really done well by her, it's obvious she's getting the best possible start on life. So thanks...thanks for sharing your life.

Michelle said...

Kylie is going to love those trees.

Anonymous said...

your new house and yard look beautiful. happy housewarming!

Stacey said...

great pictures!! glad the move went well--the new place looks great already. sorry about your beautiful dining room table though...that sucks.

CJ said...

Those trees are just BEGGING for a hammock!!! Beautiful yard and bedroom, I am glad Kylie is settling in well!

Teaberry said...

Great trees and cute bedroom! The second shot of the trees would be great for a little play platform!

Caroline said...

Love the trees!!! I am loving seeing all the news things in your new house and town.

The pics of Karen and Kylie are soooo cute.

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

Welcome to VA, your new home, and your new life. I can't imagine all of the emotions that all of the new changes have brought. I am so excited for the three of you as you embark on this wonderful adventure.

Congrats on selling your OR house. One can only hope that we'll be next.

So sorry about Chloe. Thank goodness you didn't need stitches. Hopefully the vacation at your mom's will do both girls good.

Wonderful yard. It looks like your very own park. Kylie has to be in heaven.

I'm thinking of you and sending you tons of good vibes. :)

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Welcome to Virginia, I've been checking the blog for up-dates and glad to see that the trip was a sucess for your family. I'm sure you'll all like it in VA, I've lived there in the past, and there's a waelthof activities there. I love how you boht decorated your new house too, it's so bright and all the colors in the rooms are pretty.

kiles1670 said...

Excellent pics, as always. Kylie looks very settled in her new home.I cant wait to see more house pics.
Thank you for sharing with us
:-)