Thursday, September 06, 2012

Project Life Week 35

I'm trying to figure out my time management around Kylie's school schedule. But I'm pleased that I finished Week 35 of Project Life. As usual, click on the photo to view the credits.

Project Life Week 35 page 1.jpg

Kylie was excited to go to her school library for the first time. She’ll get to go to the library once a week. She checked out this book and came home and read it to me.

I don’t want to forget: Kylie has a loose tooth. It’s a bottom center tooth and it first got loose on her first day of school.

Kylie talked us into getting this “First Dictionary for K-2” by saying “I really need this for my education!”

We added Kylie to my membership at Brooks so that she and I can be in the indoor pool together on Sundays. I am going to be her swim instructor throughout the Fall and Winter. I’m looking forward to being in the pool with Kylie and sharing our love of swimming together.

Kylie learned how to weave on the loom this week. I’ve told everyone to expect potholders for the holidays.

Project Life Week 35 page 2.jpg

Lily was able to join Kylie at the playground for my Sunday run. Great to hear them laugh together.

Karen and Kylie played basketball together at O2Bkids place in Fleming Island.

Guess What: We are encouraging Kylie to not start every single sentence with those two words.

Since my diagnosis in May of plantar fasciitis, my footware has drastically changed. I used to hang around the house in sock feet and now I wear arch-supporting slippers. I wear supportive flip flops when I go to the pool and beach. I wear inserts in my running shoes and street shoes. Basically, my arches are always held up and never touch the ground. I diligently stretch my hamstrings after every activity and stretch my calves on the calf stretcher at least 4 times a day. Plus I sleep with a foot brace on my right foot every night. Plantar fasciitis will probably never go away but I’m grateful I’ve found a way to live with it and stay active.

My training for August:
16 runs for 80.49 miles
4 bike rides for 55.6 miles
8 swims for 14,400 yards (8.18 miles)
4 strength training sessions and 1 yoga session

I seem fated to knit all of my Christmas presents twice. After knitting 14 rows of 452 stitches of my Dad’s “Henry” scarf, I had to rip it all back and start again. Fortunately I’m intrigued enough with the pattern and am enjoying the soft texture of the yarn to allow for this kind of setback.

That's it for another week. Thanks for looking! Click on the photos to view the credits. If you want to see other Project Life Projects, see
The Mom Creative






No comments: