Monday, April 09, 2007

TERM

Swollen fingers










Swollen toes and ankles (complete with sock wrinkles)










I must be at 37 weeks!

I feel like I'm standing in line for a really scary roller coaster ride. One where I will be flipped upside-down numerous times and sent screaming down incredibly steep hills. There's a strong possibility that I could collapse, faint or puke. As I'm standing in line, I'm excited and nervous and breathless. My mind is screaming "Are you nuts?! Get out of line!" but I know that I can't. So I just stand there with sweaty palms and a stupid grin on my face.

And the only thought in my mind is "Can I get on the ride now?" Can I please start labor now? Please?


-Wendy
[37w,0d]

5 comments:

Stacey said...

omg I feel like I'm in line too--I'm so excited for you!!!!!

sorry about the swelling

Anonymous said...

Once the ride begins, you'll be saying "Ok, I'm not ready for this. Can I go home now?" Hehehehe...

Seriously though, I'm getting excited for you too!

Casey said...

Enjoy these last few weeks. Soon it will all be a distant memory as your new life begins. :)

Holly said...

I love the belly pic!
The anticipation is nuts, isn't it?!?!
I agree with Traci.
As soon as the ride begins, you will say "holy %$*#! I changed my mind!"
At least, that's what Lois said! LOL

Kerry Lynn said...

What a great analogy! Exciting and scary all at the same time. For me the swelling started at 35 weeks and got horrible AFTER delivery. I was HUGE!!! Just for a day or so though.