Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tulips

We had our doctor's appointment on Friday and everything looks great. Blood pressure is good (108/70), no protein in my urine, fundal height is right on target at 37cm, and the baby's heart rate is 140. And although my cervix is thinning, it's still long.

The doctor snickered a bit when I let loose with a few choice expletives when she told me there was no dilation. I know first babies are usually late, not early, but I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed.

Fortunately, Karen knew just what to do to make it better. She bought me some yummy lo mein for lunch and then took me to the scrapbook store. I was able to finish the baby shower scrapbook pages I had been working on. If you are interested, you can see them here.

On Saturday, we saw over thirty acres of beautiful tulips at the Wooden Shoe Tulip farm. It was a feast for my eyes and spirit and I had a wonderful time taking over 150 photos.








You can see a few more pictures here including a funny belly shot.

There were hundreds of people at the tulip festival. Many families were posing their small children among the flowers. It was touching to think that next year, I would be able to do the same with my almost-one-year-old.

We walked around for over an hour, soaking in all the gorgeous colors, listening to all the many languages of the visitors, watching the kids romp around in their galoshes. I felt fine at the time (just moving slowly) so I was surprised to see in one of our photos that my lips were turning blue!

My feet swelled up a bit more than usual that night but seeing all those stunning flowers was so worth it!

-Wendy
[37w,6d]

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scrapbook pages! It looks as though you've started another exciting hobby. Expensive, time consuming, highly rewarding - all of the characteristics of knitting :)

The tulips are unbelievable. I can't believe all of the colors! It is gloomy here today, those pictures just brightened my day :)

Anonymous said...

i love tulips and your photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for, ours came at 38 weeks and 2 days. Enjoy your last few! We'll be waiting and watching!

Scoutgjee

Lynanne said...

Beautiful photos!

Don't let the lack of dilation discourage you. It's really not a good measure of how close you are. Some people dilate early and don't go into labor for weeks. I was at 4+cm from at least 35 weeks on with my last pregnancies.

Kerry Lynn said...

Holy crap those photos are beautiful!

That's pretty good scrapbooking for a first timer. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I only have one tiny little disagreement for you...the thought of "posing" an almost one year old child is well...funny! Hehehehe!

Holly said...

Beautiful pictures! You 2 look so happy - and the weather looks wonderful!
I know you are getting anxious! This is so exciting! It's going to be soon! Lois was begging for an "agressive internal exam" by her 37th week.

Stacey said...

Sorry the doctor couldn't tell you something better like, "You're going to deliver in 5 minutes!" Hehe. But rest assurred that dilation could be 0 like it was for me the day my water broke. :)

Beautiful scrapbook pages and tulips. :)

Kim aka Mommy said...

I just checked out your ticker today.....14 days! WOW! It wont be long now. :o)

Those tulips pics are just beautiful! Love the belly one!

SassyFemme said...

Tulip pics are simply gorgeous!

lonestarcalifornian said...

Very nice tulip pictures and you look great! No real news at my ob-gyn appt either. I was a little disappointed too, but now I realize I might have more time to "nest", prepare, and sleep!

Holly said...

It's getting so close. Every time I don't see a post for a few days, I get all excited!

hotomiky said...

nice scrapbook!