Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Kylie is reading - week of January 11

We got really lucky at the library and have some lovely recommendations to share with you!



Posy by Linda Newberry & Catherine Rayner
This is a sweet book with phrases like: whiskers wiper,/crayon swiper./Playful wrangler,/knitting tangler to describe a cat. The fun part with this book was that Kylie repeated each phrase after me. We read it several times this week.


Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
I thought this one was delightful not only for kids but for adults too. And it would make a perfect gift for someone who has recently lost a cat.



Wow! It Sure Is Good To Be You! by Cynthia Jabar
This book is about a girl whose extended family lives far away. She receives phone calls and letters from her loved ones. We really enjoyed it. It reminds me of "I like myself" by Beaumont.


Won't You Be My Hugaroo? Joanne Ryder
This book is all about the wonderful and different kinds of hugs you can get.

Some other library books we enjoyed this week include:
Ten Sleepy Sheep by Phyllis Root
Looking for a Moose by Phyllis Root
Hurry Up and Slow Down by Layn Marlow
This Little Light of Mine by Raffi
Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter Yarrow and Lenny Lipton

1 comment:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thank you for joining this week. It's Good To Be You sounds very interesting. I'll look to see if our library has it.