Sunday, February 01, 2009

Five little things and tons of pictures

1. When I walk into Kylie's room first thing in the morning, she gets out of bed, turns on her light, opens the top drawer of her dresser, throws in her socks and says, "Socks In!"
2. We're hearing a lot of "Hold it, hold it" from Kylie. She wants to hold her Desitin tube, my lip balm tube, her cup, and so forth.
3. Karen created a "still as a mouse" game with Kylie to keep the little one from wiggling so much during diaper changes. Karen is brilliant.
4. I'm contemplating making a simple handmade Valentine gift with Kylie.
5. After 3 false starts with 3 different patterns, I think I've found a pattern to knit Kylie a beret hat.

And now, on to the pictures. I have a lot!
Thursday afternoon. After washing her hands, Kylie decided to eat nilla wafers in the windowsill and watch our neighbors walk by.


From Friday.




From Saturday.


I love this one so much that I processed it black and white too. In fact, I think I made about 8 different versions of this one photo is Photoshop. Whoops! There went Kylie's entire nap time and I hadn't taken a shower. But playing with this photo was too much fun.

The kisses, the laughter, the holding of her thumb. Oy! This one delights me.

From Sunday.



A lot of my free time has been taken up with playing with Photoshop actions for my pictures from The Pioneer Woman and the IttyBitty Actions Sweet Set. So I'm not completing as many scrapbook pages. But I did manage to finish this one tonight-Kylie's Christmas Eve .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures of Karen and Kylie are just priceless, especially the second. I can feel (and see) the love both of you have for Kylie, and it is heartwarming.

2momswithaplan said...

I love love love that black and white picture! Beautiful!

Stacey said...

Such adorable photos.

Oh the "hold it" phase. That and "do it" because they think they can do it all themselves. Good times. ;)

Nicole Elizabeth said...

Hi, I've been following your blog for quite some time, and I just wanted to say what a beautiful family you and Karen have. Kylie is so precious, adorable and it's wonderful hearing and seeing her growth in life. You, Wendy, Kylie and Karen have much to be proud of.

Beth said...

Love the photos... especially the 2nd photo of Kylie in the white shirt. You are an EXCELLENT photographer! Kylie is going to love all these pictures (and scrapbook pages) one day! :)

Patti_Cake said...

Hi I used to lurk alot from Caroline's blog and just popped back in. I can't BELIEVE how big and gorgeous Miss Kylie has gotten. Where does time go? *sigh*