Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Breathing treatment

Kylie has been sick since last Wednesday. She was out of school Wednesday and Thursday. She rallied for her Halloween party on Friday and again on Sunday night for trick-or-treating. But she hadn't gotten over the cold and had a cough that concerned me enough to take her to the doctor's office.

After examining her they decided to give her a breathing treatment with Albuterol. Kylie was a great trooper during the treatment. It helped that our pediatrician had this kid-sized hose decorated with an elephant.
110110_001.jpg

And we went to the hospital for a chest x-ray. Kylie was great about wearing her little mask while we waited.
110110_001.jpg

I have to say that I was pretty calm through it all. Just a bit stressed trying to fill out paperwork while Kylie wanted to either run around or hang all over me. Thank heavens for my iPhone. The many pre-schooler games I have on it are perfect for short "sit still" waits.

The chest x-ray came back clear yet the doctor sent us home with the breathing treatment machine. I think it's a bit much but if it eases Kylie's symptoms then I'm for it. We've done three breathing treatments a day for three days. The "fun" novelty of it has worn off but Kylie is hanging in there with it. On Friday, we go back to the doctor for a follow-up check-up.

Don't worry for the little one (but send her your wishes and prayers). She's feeling much better! She had a ball playing at the park yesterday; her energy is back up!
110210_005.jpg

6 comments:

H2 said...

We are very familiar with the nebulizer...we own one and a dinosaur mask. The girls get bad doughs whenever they get colds, which means either an inhaler or a breathing treatment. They really do help with inflammation. I'm glad Kylie is adjusting well. Lol now imagine making an infant sit still for that long with something on their face! Well wishes Kylie! From the mamas at www.twomomsandababybump.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Aw, I'm glad she is on the mend. What a little trooper she is!

Teaberry said...

Us, too... Croup here. No breathing treatments yet, but I think we may head that way, sadly!

Glad Kylie is feeling better!!

kiles1670 said...

I am thinking of you all, I know kylie is a trooper and will be well in no time
Hugs to you all.

Missi said...

I am so sorry for her. I can imagine how much it hurts you watching your child sick. My child was sick with bronchitis until 4 years, until 6 times evry winter. thanks God it is over, by the moment. health kisses to little K from Spain soon Canada.

Soupy said...

Poor Kylie :(
we've been dealing w/nebs since K1 was about 16 months old or so. It comes w/the colder weather for us- I hope she feels better!!