Thursday, June 07, 2012

Project Life Week 22

On Sunday night when I finished my Project Life pages, I turned to Karen and said, "I think these are the worse Project Life pages I've ever created." I wasn't too surprised though. Last week I felt pretty scattered. That disjointedness continued to be with me as I created the pages. I hadn't even planned on taking pictures of the pages nor blogging them here. I just shut the scrapbook and said, "Well, it's done and maybe next week will be better." But I opened it up today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The pages don't have much flow; just bits of this and that put into pockets but you know, some weeks are like that.

So here they are. As usual, you can click on the photo to view the credits. Project Life Week 22 page 1.jpg


Storm Journaling: Tropical Storm Beryl hit us on Sunday night, May 27th. It made landfall at 9pm. We were expecting high winds but we didn’t expect 60mph winds. The storm came from the ocean and the wind beat the rain through our Florida room windows. We had to line the room with beach towels under the windows to catch all the drips. It was amazing and a bit unnerving to watch the wind whip around the palm trees. We had six foot surf and the water came up to the dune line. We lost power eight times. It was a restless night for us all. We were grateful to have power by morning. The neighborhood yards and roads were filled with leafy debris. It was an incredible storm.

Memorial Day. We remember the men and women who died while serving in the US Armed Forces.

Busy Seven Days. No school on Monday, 11:30 release on Thursday, No school on Friday. There went my normal routine!

The bottom two pictures are from Karen and Kylie's tour of the museum MOSH here in Jacksonville. On the dinosaur picture, there are three small iPhone pictures of Kylie. They saw the new TRex exhibit and the “Dinosaur Train” show as well as the Elmo “One World” show.




Project Life Week 22, page 2


The top of the second page celebrates Kylie's last day of school. Beside it is a small iPhone picture of Kylie enjoying the Adventure Landing waterpark. I used a 12x12 digital scrapbooking template I had in my stash to make this small card. I still think it will be fun to use templates to make 4x6 photo cards but this one ended up a bit too busy.

There is a picture Karen took of me and Kylie as we enjoyed lunch together on Kylie's last day along with part of the school packet we received with the forms and information for the 2012/13 school year.

We got new season passes for the waterpark so I tucked last year's passes into one of the sleeves. I just love Kylie's expression on her pass!

The final small card captures the fact that I was Children's Church leader on Sunday.

The bottom to slots are dedicated to Karen and Kylie's trip to the zoo. The journaling reads: Karen & Kylie enjoyed two train rides, two carousel rides, the Happy Feet 4D ride (which didn’t go over well with Kylie) and a delicious sno cone on Saturday morning at the zoo. But Kylie’s favorite part was touring the new butterfly exhibit. She was particularly impressed with the fairy houses.

On the right side I put Kylie's final report card in a letter-sized sheet protector. I also included the Children's Church lesson I presented in another sheet protector. I still need to go through Kylie's artwork and put in two of her best pieces for the week.

And that's it for another week!
If you want to see other Project Life Projects, see
The Mom Creative

2 comments:

eek said...

I love the bright colors and ephemera you have included. Sometimes I have to remind myself it's not each individual week that matters but the sum of the parts. A year from now you are going to be so happy to have documented the little things that you won't worry about things being, as you said, "disjointed."

I personally think your pages look great!

wienerhoneymooners said...

These are the most beautiful pages. I printed my PL and put in my album and I aspire to have as nice pages. (I am just glad I did not see yours first lol...)

It is all about the love, it shows in your pages and attention to all of the little details.
So all is good!

(A new follower to your blog from Kirland, WA, a warm hello to you)
Thanks.
Kimberly.