Sunday, November 05, 2006

Falling back - the time change

I really don't like the fall time change...really. It's totally dark by 5pm (actually it's almost all the way dark by 4:30pm) and I find myself wanting to just curl up and go to bed. What is it about that one hour that shuts my body down and starts sending signals that I should put on my pj's and go to bed? I mean, it's just one hour different!

Right now it's just a bit before 7pm and I'm yawning and nodding like it's 10 or 11pm. Wendy's nausea seems to have past but she gets the sleepies in the afternoon and will often take a nap before supper. I'm afraid if I ever nap with her, I'll end up sleeping right on through till morning. Sigh...it's gonna be a long winter!



- Karen

[14w,6d]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually love it when it gets dark early, but for some reason this year it is causing me to be tired so much earlier. I am also waking up earlier on the weekends because it's so light outside. I don't like it staying light until 9pm, but if it would be light until like 7pm then that would be just fine with me.

Stacey said...

I don't like the getting dark early either. It's kind of depressing to leave work and have it so dark outside. I miss the daylight a bit but thankfully sit by a big window at work so the sun isn't a stranger. It's a pain to get up when it's dark and get home when it's dark. At least with the time change, the morning dog walk ends with some sunlight and not the pitch-blackness it used to. I like that part of it.