Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Remembering and update

One year ago today, I got pregnant with Kylie. Last year at this time, as I was leaving the reproductive clinic, I grabbed Karen's hand and said, "I feel something; I feel different. I feel like my life has changed".

And boy howdy! It has changed! It's sweeter, harder, more purposeful and more loving than I could have imagined.


Here's a quick update on the wee one.

  • She caught my cold. She started having a runny nose and eyes and a fever on Friday night. Let me tell you--it's freaky scary to see your baby's temperature spike. And then there's the sweet release when her temperature comes back down. She's handling her symptoms well and I think that she will be over this cold very soon.

  • Her sleep is changing and improving. She's taking naps in her crib instead of her swing and she's going to bed earlier at night.

  • She's started rubbing her feet, one against the other, to soothe herself. It's simply precious.

  • She's started to enjoy listening to music and even my singing. When she hears music, she smiles as if to say, "My, that's lovely."



  • 4 comments:

    Margo, darling said...

    Thanks a lot, ladies. I just spent a HUGE part of my day reading through your archive! Thanks for posting this link--as a lurker of several months now (I started reading just before Kylie was born) I've had lots of questions about how you two decided to have a baby, pick a donor, etc., but was a bit too lazy to dig into your archive and look for answers. And, as I suspected, it's all there. Thanks for being such diligent and *generous* diarists.

    My partner and I are at the beginning of this journey (we'll do our first insemination next month) and I appreciate so much all you've shared here. Congratulations on an amazing year, a solid, loving relationship, and an absolutely gorgeous daughter. You two are inspirations!

    Stacey said...

    Love that second last picture. Too cute. I can't remember but weren't you one of the lucky ones who got pregnant on the first try?

    Wendy and Karen said...

    Hi Stacey, Yep! We were one of those lucky ones that got pregnant on the first try. I guess we had some strong swimmers!

    Margo, thanks for your wonderful comment and good luck on your first insemination. -Wendy

    Anonymous said...

    You know what? For some reason I was thinking of you today and said "I think Wendy and Karen got pregnant sometime around now last year." Is that weird or what? Then I thought "What a difference a year makes!"