Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where did the summer go?

There are ads on tv for back-to-school sales. I can't believe it's time for the kids to go back to school.

I have pictures for Kylie for every week of her life but I swear this summer seems like a blur. Where did it go?

It's a strange thing but I'm oddly proud of the fact that I managed to keep our big flower basket alive all summer. With all that was going on with us these past few months, we still managed to take the time to water it almost every night.

Here are some pictures:






11 comments:

Melissa said...

What beautiful flowers! I know what you mean about summer. I was shopping this weekend and there were stores selling SWEATERS! It made me so sad. Pretty soon we'll start seeing Halloween decorations for sale everywhere.

Audra said...

what nice flowers! I cannot believe it is over either!

MaMaMia said...

These are awesome pictures!!
Good job on the flower basket, you should be proud, mine is scraggly and half dead!! (you won't see a picture of mine on the blog!!)

Cagney said...

You should be over here in the UK, it feels like October, I think summer has gone abroad this year :~( Anyway your latest pictures made me smile :~)

Stacey said...

beautiful!!!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Beautiful flowers!w

Merr said...

Love the big flower basket! It is huge and those pictures are very cute!

Ashton and John's mom said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

I *heart* the second pic of Karen and Kylie...so beautiful. Big congrats on the flowers...a huge accomplishment in my book. I have only kept my petunias going by the "grace" of the sprinklers. LOL

LOve,
H

SassyFemme said...

Oh I'm jealous of those flowers. Mine haven't bloomed in ages. Of course if I were out watering every night they might. I'm not so good about remembering that.

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers. :-) I can't manage to keep my garden blooming and I don't even have a baby to care for. That picture may have guilted me into giving my garden a little love this weekend.