Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Colds and cruising

Dearest Kylie woke up with a head cold this morning. It makes my heart ache when her nose and eyes run and she looks at me and whimpers. Let's hope she feels better soon.

She did something new today. She stood up to play at her kitchen toy and I was sitting about a foot away. She reached toward me and I held out my hand to her. Normally, she rejects my hand and reaches for my shoulder so that she can lean into me. But today, she firmly grabbed my hand and took two steps towards me before falling into my arms. She did the same thing with Karen later in the day. Very cool!

She's also been attached to holding two things while she plays. She's been doing this for a few days. For example, if she's playing with blocks, she'll hold one block in the left hand and one in the right. Same thing with balls. Same thing with her other toys. But it's always two of the same thing (not a block and a ball for instance). Just makes me wonder what she gets into her head sometimes.

I was going to take a picture of her crawling around holding on to her two things, but she looked so pitiful with her cold, I decided not to.

But here are two scrapbook pages from Karen's parents recent visit. For a closer look or details, click here.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Poor Kylie, I hope she feels better soon. Hey thanks for including the Buddy G link in your last post. I finally had a chance to view a clip and it looks really cute. I think I'm gonna have to buy that one. What a great idea!