Friday, August 27, 2010

Bento lunches week of 8/23

This week I started making Kylie's lunch the night before and putting it in the fridge. I'm concerned about losing the crispness of crackers and pretzels by doing this but Kylie (right now) doesn't seem to mind. I still take the picture in the morning because kiddo likes to peek and see what she is having for the day.

082410_bento.jpg
Ham sandwich on rye bread, pretzels, animals crackers, a few jelly beans, red grapes, pineapple, raspberries, mandarin oranges, raisins.

082510_bento.jpg
Yeast roll, pirate booty, turkey slices, carrots, cantaloupe, blueberries, clementine orange slices, raspberry. The clementine slices were a big hit.

082610__1
Oh, I had fun with this one! I found some tiny cookie cutters at Michael's Craft store and just went nuts with them! They are going to be so fun to work with. Craisins, American cheese and swiss cheese on top of wheat thins, blue corn chips, fruit leather stars, marshmallows, blueberry muffin, dried apricot bits, watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries.

082710_bento.jpg
This was an odd shaped box that I picked up. I'm pretty sure the food mixed together because I didn't pack it tightly enough. I wasn't going to use it but I really wanted to use the bear shape and it doesn't fit well in the other bento boxes. Grapes, bacon and shredded cheese in bear, raspberry behind peas, frozen peas, pretzels.

Here is the closed box.
082710_bento_closed.jpg

We only had four lunches this week because Kylie was home with me on Monday. The Foodie Girls wish you a Happy Weekend!
082510__1

5 comments:

Jane said...

What lovely lunches- made me want one !!

H2 said...

We'd love to do this with our daughters. Can you share where you purchased the different pieces from? And how do your compartments travel? Are they part of a larger lunch box? What does it look like altogether? TIA!

Teaberry said...

Totally awesome. I can't wait until Lucas is old enough to take packed lunch like this. I am so stealing your ideas!!

AW said...

Raondom comment, but I have noticed your twitter updates about your half marathon training.

I have a son who is your daughter's age, and I like to take a peak at your blog once in a while.

I am also a runner and have run many half and full marathons. Have you tried petroleum jelly, bag balm and udder cream, or any other diaper rash cream for your cheffing?

Put it on before you run to prevent anymore cheffing and put it on after a shower to promote healing.

It will work wonders!

Holly B. said...

Wish these were my lunches--how fun! You're doing a great job making memories for Kylie!