Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lots of pictures

After five days of teething pain, Kylie woke up Saturday feeling much better. She's still chewing and drooling like mad but the sparkle is back in her eyes. Thank Heavens!

She tried applesauce over the past few days and simply loves it! This is her after eating her applesauce. With a smile like that, I want to feed it to her every day.


We played and played on Saturday and took lots of pictures. Her teeth haven't cut through so I'm taking lots of pictures of her last gummy smiles.



I keep meaning to set up our tripod and put the timer on the camera in order to take some photos of the three of us. But since that hasn't happened, here's some individual mommy shots.






Today was one of those days where I feel like I can't get my house picked up, much less cleaned. I must have made a thousand trips up and down our stairs but as I sit here and look around, the house still looks crazily disordered. I think I'm in a black hole of cleaning efforts. Do you ever have one of those days? Where you work and work but it seems like all that effort is getting sucked away and not having any effect?

I've had knitting days like that. Where I knit and knit for over an hour but when I measure, my knitting is exactly the same. Oh, as if I didn't need another distraction, I've joined Ravelry which is like knitting mecca. It's still in beta so I'm lucky to be able to join it. I hope that this will help me start knitting more--my yarn is really not happy with me.

But one thing I can do is take LOTS of pictures of our baby.


I call this one an homage to Pavarotti.


Of course, I can't post pictures without at least one hand-in-mouth shot.




Hope you had a great weekend!
-Wendy

7 comments:

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

It was such a pleasure to be able to visit with all three of you today...Thank you so much! Kylie grows more beautiful and joyful by the day, as do the two of you as her moms.

Thanks also for sharing your wonderful pictures and your "goings on". I say Yay to more distractions and Boo to household chaos...I am trying to learn to embrace both.

Lastly, thanks for the encouraging comment. I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of catching up I have to do, but I'll just koko.

Love,
H

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

HaHa...I love the Pavarotti shot!! We should get together soon. I still have your number and keep meaning to call.

Kim aka Mommy said...

I agree. The Pavarotti shot is just too much!

She's so cute!

Stacey said...

Great pictures! She's such a cutie and keeps getting cuter with time. :)

Glad the teething hell is over for now. Trust me when I say that sometimes teeth take FOREVER to show. Riley is 7 months and has had several days/nights of teething pain here and there. Still no teeth. *sigh* I just wish one would pop up so I feel like we're getting somewhere. LOL

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...what a beautiful, beautiful little girl! You are absolutely right, the sparkle is definitely back in her eyes so she must be feeling better.

I love these updates. Thanks!

Louise
from Canada

Holly said...

What great pictures! She is just gorgeous! All that personality!

Anonymous said...

The Pavarotti shot just cracks me up.