Thursday, September 13, 2007

Relieved to see gray skies

It's overcast today in Oregon and I'm loving it. Don't get me wrong, the sunny days are lovely but I feel more relaxed and at ease on gray days. It's soothing to me somehow.

Today is a day for casual observations.
  • It's Kylie's first days of peas- her fourth food.
  • Kylie seems to be going through another hair loss period.
  • She's such a finger-sucker that I'm considering giving away most of her pacifiers.
  • She's going to sleep earlier-most nights around 7pm.
  • Today Kylie made her first trip inside a Starbucks and I met a new friend.
  • I've got rough patches on my knees from playing with my daughter (and she's not even crawling yet).
  • We've started a 529 education/college fund.
  • I finally finished a three-color baby blanket that I started before Kylie's birth. Finishing it was a bit anti-climatic and so far, I've not taken any pictures of it.

    Oh! Kylie's doing two, new, totally sweet and adorable things.
  • She's looking up at me when I'm reading to her. I'll read and as I turn the page, she'll look up at me and smile.
  • She's likes to stroke my face with her hand. She did this for the first time last night. I put her in her crib to sleep but she had a hard time settling down. So I picked her back up and we rocked. She leaned back from my embrace so that she could see me, smiled, and stroked my face from hairline to chin several times. It was like she was saying, "You're here Mommy. Thank you for soothing me". Precious.


    I completed my first two digital scrapbook pages.

    This design is completely stolen (scraplifted) from Jessica Sprague's layout featured in the September "Creating Keepsakes" magazine.


    And this one was inspired by Sherry Steveson's layout featured in August/September "Memory Makers" magazine.
  • 9 comments:

    Caroline said...

    I love reading what Kylie is doing now. It's as if I am watching her grow up right here on this blog. Thank you again for sharing your family with all of us.

    Casey said...

    GREAT digi pages!!! I need to get back into the swing of digi scrapping this fall. I haven't made a page in just about forever.

    Love yours - great job!

    Jen said...

    I love the new face stroking thing that Kylie is doing...how sweet is that? Smart going with the 529 plan. I think that's the wisest choice in acct types for your children. I'm envious of your gray skys! 107 hot sunny weather is REALLY starting to annoy the crap out of me! Enjoy!

    Anonymous said...

    I have to say, it is amazing how I can relate to you and your daughter. You are on the other side of the county, I've never met you, but I know exactly what you are talking about. Love it a language for mommies, thats for sure.

    Our little girls are only a few days apart... I always say to Thaya, "oooh! Lets see what Kylie is up to!"

    I love LOVE the pages you put together. If you don't mind me asking, how would you go about starting to digi scrap?

    Alayna said...

    That's so funny - I was relieved that it was cloudy this morning, too! I took it as a sign that I'm really getting used to this climate after almost 4 years here.

    Those scrapbook pages look great! And go Kylie with her 4th food! Maybe she can come over and give our little guy some tips :)

    Anonymous said...

    Love the scrapbook pages. I have been collecting scrapbook magazine that have a lot of baby stuff in them getting ideas for when we FINALLY get our BFP!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Your pages look beautiful!

    The face stroking sounds absolutely precious. How lucky you are to have such a sweet little one!

    Stacey said...

    great scrapbook pages. she's a cutie. sounds like she's doing really well. :) we have an RESP account for Riley (for school). great idea to start now!

    SassyFemme said...

    Beautiful scrapbook pages!