Thursday, September 20, 2007

This picture says it all


Yes, we are still experiencing some teething pain. The poor little darling. I think the hardest part is that sucking on her bottle and nursing causes her pain. So she's not eating as much but then she can't rest and sleep as she should because she's hungry.

Before, Kylie would drink her bottle all in one go. But now she takes a few sips, cries, we comfort her and play with her a bit and then offer the bottle again. This is a constant cycle.

But God love her! She's trying so hard to be a happy baby. She smiles and coos at us, giggles at our funny faces, laughs when we zerbert her. I'm getting lots of sweet, snuggle time with her. Sometimes she doesn't want to do anything but hold on to one of her mommies to feel better.


On a different note, Kylie is working hard on sitting upright. She can hold the position for a few seconds before leaning and falling over. It's simply amazing to watch a baby learning a new skill.

And speaking of new skills, both Karen and I are having a big time working on digital scrapbook pages.

A few people have asked how we got started and what we use for digital scrapbooking. We got started just a few weeks ago by purchasing an introductory digital sampler kit from Lisa Bearnson's August kit of the month

It was a fabulous introduction where you get all the supplies you need along with several Flash movie tutorials. It was the right combination of "show me everything I need to know" along with "don't treat me like a complete computer idiot". It was very well done!

I'm also impressed with Jessica Sprague's(it's her instruction on the video) website and blog. And she offers fabulous tutorials as well.

Karen and I use Adobe Photoshop to put it all together. One of our favorite digital scrapbooking stores is Jen Wilson Designs. We get our 12 x 12 inch finished pages printed at our nearby Costco.

So once Kylie is asleep for the night, we sit in our office in front of our computer, playing with pictures and such. We compare pages and share ideas and ooh and ahh over each other's work. We find it more creative and engaging than watching tv together, although that's relaxing too.

I know I've been blogging a lot about it lately but for now, it's fun and I like sharing it with you. Hopefully you aren't sick of it.

Here's Kylie's belated four month pages.


9 comments:

Caba said...

Your daughter is beautiful and the digital scrapbooking is a great idea! I used to scrapbook a lot before the babies, and I do miss doing it. Maybe digital is the way to go now! Does it print nicely?

You guys are such great moms and you have such a wonderful thriving little girl. What a joy! Enjoy it!

Casey said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you are liking digi-scrapping. Jen Wilson has great stuff, that's for sure. I really, really have to get back to my scrapping. I think I lost my scrap-mojo in the spring and I'm having a hard time getting back into it. Thanks for the motivation.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, I like your site, just discovered tonight! Have you tried Highland's Teething Tablets? They are homeopathic, and work really well. My son would let me put them under his tongue - I think he knew the relief they brought, and he'd be able to fall asleep because the discomfort was gone.

Beautiful pics. WOW!

Holly said...

I ditto the teething tablets (Highlands)!
She is too cute! Her faces are amazing!

meelo said...

i looked on lisa bearson's website but didn't see a digital sampler kit. any chance you could post a link to exactly what you used? your scrapbook pages are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I've just been trying to get myself started with digital scrapbooking. Thanks for the great links. I always love seeing Kylie (and your page layouts!) So, I'm curious. Does Costco sell a 12x12 page? Or are you getting the 12x18 and just trimming it?

Wendy and Karen said...

Thanks for the reminder about the Highlands Teething Tablets. They seem to help!

Camille, if you follow the link to Lisa Bearnson's site, you'll see a travel journal kit featured at the top. But if you scroll almost to the bottom of the page and look on the right sidebar, you'll see the August Digital Kit. I can't give a direct link because the info about it is done by a Flash movie. But if you look, it's there!

Wendy, Go to costco.com and then look for the photo processing link at the top of the page. You have to create an account in order to look around. But once a photo has been uploaded, you can then go to the order prints page. Scroll down until you can see your pictures. The 12x12 format is under the "square sizes" tab. You can get 8x8's there too. I've been printing with glossy paper and have been very happy with the final product.

Hope this helps! -Wendy

ajs4ever said...

I love the new pages!! Keep them coming:) Sorry to hear the she is still in teething pain. Hopefully they will come on in so she can feel better again.

SassyFemme said...

Oh that pouty face is just so cute! Sorry it's pain that's causing it, though.