Monday, December 28, 2009

Anyone else?

122709__after_holiday_tired1.jpg
Is anyone else tired from the past week's activities?

What a unique Christmas we had! My dad stayed with us for a week. Karen stayed home with Kylie while Dad and I toured the National Gallery of Art and walked the Mall to see the Washington Memorial and Lincoln Memorial on Christmas Eve. And on the day after Christmas, he and I toured the National Museum of American History and the National Museum of Natural History. We packed in as many sites as we could and still he went home with so much left unseen. We happily used the Washington Metro and looked like complete tourists with my various maps and cameras. I took over 500 pictures. My mind swims in just thinking about picking a few to share with you on the blog. So instead, I'll just show you this one of Kylie.

122709__after_holiday_tired2.jpg

It was fantastic for Kylie and I to have my Dad for a whole week. And over our recent funeral and this trip, I feel so much closer to his partner Margarita. Dad and Margarita are the kind of low-maintenance guests anyone could wish for. But still, it took me the better part of two days to take down the Christmas tree/decorations and put the house back in order.

There is so much I want to do: review and develop the recent photos, create some scrapbook pages on Christmas but there are some other tasks like menu planning and finance tracking that are pulling me away from the fun, creative stuff.

And I really need to work on some arts & crafts and other projects for Kylie. Her winter classes don't start until January 11th and it's just too cold to spend much time outside, so we have LONG days to fill here at home.

It's easy to get overwhelmed just thinking about it. So for now, I'll sign off and share some more "good-bye Christmas tree" photos of sweet Kylie.

122709_good_bye_tree.jpg

122709_last_tree_pose.jpg

4 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you got the house back together- ours is not even started yet! Your floor is so clean- I can't imagine a house without pet hair! Good bye Christmas Tree.

Teaberry said...

she's so adorable!

I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas and also got to visit some of the great sites in the city. The American History is my favorite of all time!

Hmmm... taking down the tree. I should do that today.

Madre Minutes said...

I am also on blogger @madreminutes.blogspot.com and wondered how you got two photos in your header? Your photos are so clear and beautiful. I also have trouble with people getting auto updates whenever I update and so does a friend of mine. We have been trying to figure it out.......Thanks for any help.
b†

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi Madre Minutes!

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I created my blogger header in Photoshop. My document size was 1469 pixels x 300 pixels with a 300 resolution. This was the size that worked best with my blogger template.

Then I made three clipping masks for the three pictures and then "clipped" the pictures to them and resized the pictures until I liked how the image looked.

If all of this is greek to you or if you have questions, send me an email at karenandwendy@gmail.com and I'll be happy to clarify.

Good luck and thanks for reading!!