Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ginger tea & nanny letter

All hail ginger tea! Wow! This stuff really helps my nausea. I feel better than I've felt in four days. Relief - hurray!!

You might remember that I wrote my grandmother, Nanny J., to officially "come out" to her and to let her know about my pregnancy. I got a letter back from her today.

She writes, "Dear Wendy/Mama to Be, I hope things go well (with the pregnancy). Bring the baby back to TN so that I can spoil it. I'm wishing you and Karen much happiness. I have some baby clothes in the attic. I wish you had them."

Then she goes on to tell me about the beans and tomatoes in her garden, her dogwood trees and her new heat/air system.

She ends the letter, "Love you and say hello to Karen for me".

Isn't that wonderful? I'm smiling from ear to ear.

[9w,2d]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is wonderful!

Stacey said...

Wow, that's so sweet! Lovely letter! Yay!!!

And yay for the ginger tea! Whatever works! I found something would work for me temporarily and then I'd be on to something new. I liked grapes, apples, preggo drops, sours...it varied.

Holly said...

those ginger tabs/vitamins work well too.

ok, you are convincing me to tell my grandmother too

Estelle said...

Sounds like a great outcome! Grandparents surprise me sometimes. Okay, most of the time. You'd think the "old people" would be the most opposed, but it's been my experience that they are the most supportive. Maybe they've lived long enough to know that hating and judging people for something so minor isn't worth it.

Anonymous said...

Please note the change in my url address:
www.carolinesinthecity.blogspot.com

Ethan Barry's Momma said...

I don't know your Nanny, but I want to give her a big 'ole hug!! She sounds like she is truly happy for the both of you and I bet she is so excited about being a Great Grandma to Biscuit.

Love all three of you,
From the three of us :)

wenders said...

Ah. I hope my entire family will be as supportive. I still haven't told my extended family members. Oh well.