Friday, September 15, 2006

Winding down week 7

The work week is over and in 2 more days, we'll be starting our 8th week of pregnancy. Work this week has been an exercise in moving from one anger management session to another and I'm just glad it's over. I have wondered on more than one occasion this week if there were just some people in the world that I immediately and forever can't stand. There are two particular guys at work that are just absolute crazy-makers for me and I've had multiple opportunities this week to deal with them (or not as the case may be). I'm not a small woman and can, I suppose, be a bit intimidating. However, I've always thought of myself as a lover...not a fighter. But this week, I've wished I could tower over these two putzes, grab 'em around the neck and throttle them good. TOWANDA!!!!

Work aside, this week has been alot of fun on the pregnancy front. We had our first doc visit that went very well and Wendy is feeling much more at ease now that she's seen the little biscuit and is starting to feel more symptoms of pregnancy with each passing day. It's such a miraculous journey! Every day seems to bring just a bit of something new. Some days it's a bit of worry, some days a bit of joy, and most days it's a bit of both. But every day is a good day no matter what it contains as it brings us one step closer to the birth of our child!

Today we got our baby fix when baby neighbor Ethan visited with us for a couple of hours while his mom ran errands. There was a point where he fell asleep all balled up on my shoulder and it felt sooooo good just holding him there, hearing his breathing and feeling his heartbeat against my chest. Sigh... And in no time at all, I'll be holding our little one there too!

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Karen

[7w,4d]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a great weekend. I am sure it will include at least one trip to Babies R Us. We don't have any kids, but I LOVE that store. I imagine if I was pregnant we would be in there everyday.

I totally get what you are saying on the whole thing about just not liking some people. There is this one person at my work that I just can't stand. He is the most annoying person I know, and I usually like most people.

Glad you had a good time with Ethan. You guys are so lucky to have such great neighbors/friends. Can't wait to hear all the wonderful stories you will write about when your little one arrives.