Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Just call me burpy

Wendy here. Six weeks pregnant. The Biscuit is 1/12 to 1/16 inch from crown to rump. The baby has a tiny heart (no bigger than a poppy seed) which is beating on its own. Other major organs continue to develop and rudimentary arms and legs appear as tiny buds on the body.

So far this pregnancy has been all about burping. I grew up in the South where "true ladies don't burp". (Wish I could put the proper drawl on that sentence). And I don't burp easily.

And when I do it's this prissy, no sound, try-to-blow-the-air-out-without-moving-lips and oh, crap the air is trying to come out of my nose-- weird burpness. And I get to have this lovely experience 100 times a day! Each time I have that feeling of - Is this going to be more than a burp? But then the bubble releases and I feel better.

I have the occasional queasies - little waves of nausea- each day but so far no vomiting. My breasts are tender, especially when I first wake up or when I'm Jazzercising. But on the whole, they don't hurt unless I bump them or something.

My two strongest pregnancy symptoms are my throbbing pulse (it's hard to sleep with my heart pounding in my ears) and my swollen, bleeding gums.

On another note, I want to give a shout out to RSG and family who let us join them for their Labor Day barbecue. It was great to get out and meet some new folks and RSG let me borrow some pregnancy books. Thank you, Thank you! You can read her blog here .

I'm so excited that The Yarn Harlot will be in town tomorrow night for a book signing. She is a knitting guru who writes some fantastically funny books about the yarn obsessed. She takes pictures of her book-signing crowds, posts them on her blog. I've seen that most folks at her events are knitting. I'll be too damned tickled and nervous to knit anything in her presence. Maybe I'll just take my knitting bag and hold some yarn in my lap.

[6w,1d]
[7 Babies R Us visits]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! I will follow your (queasy) progress....

Stacey said...

Ah the bloating and gas is great, isn't it? I'm no longer bloated but the gas continues...or at least it has for me. Hehehe. Never have I been a burper but I definitely burp now that I'm pregnant.

Babies R Us if fun! I'm surprised it's only been 7 visits!!